Britney Spears has had a busy year. She gave birth to her second child with Kevin Federline, and then she filed for divorce from him soon after. She is now trying to re-launch her career, while fighting Kevin in court. Here are ten recommendations for Britney so that she can restart her stalled career, and become the pop princess she once was.
1. Do not get married in 2007. Britney Spears is fresh off a marriage to someone the world blames for ruining her career. And right before that, she married a childhood friend for 55 hours. Britney, it’s time to take a break from marriage. It hasn’t been working out well for you.
2. Focus on the kids. Britney is a mom now. The world will begin talking about her career more if they have less to talk about with her parenting skills. By focusing on spending time with her kids, people will take her more seriously.
3. Date an A-list star. There is nothing in the world that can increase your star power like dating an A-list star. Before Heath XXXXX, nobody knew who XXXXXX was. Before Jude Law, there was no Sienna Miller. Britney already has an advantage because people know who she is. If she can secure a series of dates or a relationship with an A-list movie star, people will begin clamoring for Britney once again.
4. Listen to your mother. While, most parents of celebrities are just as out of control as their famous kids, Britney’s mom actually had a few winning strategies that saved her daughter’s career. She was reportedly the one that convinced Britney to sign a prenuptial agreement. She’s also reportedly the one that finally convinced Britney to leave Kevin Federline. There are some situations where mom actually knows best.
5. Give to charity. When stars make mistakes, their managers convince them that they can redeem themselves by giving to charity. After all, who wants to hate someone that gives millions of dollars to sick orphans in Mozambique? Following other celebrities by adopting a child is not the best plan for Britney, given her track record with her own children. But giving money would certainly be welcome, and could only boost her good publicity.
6. Focus on your career. Britney desperately needs a career jumpstart. She is reportedly back in the recording studio, and with any luck, this CD will be exactly what she needs to help her career. She needs to release it soon to leave time for other things throughout the rest of the year.
7. Launch a world tour. The public is anxious to see Britney without Kevin by her side. By launching a world tour, she can attract many new fans who are curious about the “pop princess”. Some of these curious people will become lifelong fans.
8. Be nice to Kevin. He’s going to have a hard time this year. His career as a rapper isn’t going well, and he will not have as much money to spend this next year. While it isn’t necessary to spend lots of time with him, Britney can choose to be kind or vicious when she receives questions about him in interviews. A coy smile is all that is necessary.
9. Take photos with the kids. Taking photos with her children will remind people that she wants to be taken seriously. Although it is rumored that Kevin will get a cut of any photos that are sold of the children, it will help Britney’s career more than it helps his pocketbook. Get the best photographer, have the photos on the cover of Vogue or Vanity Fair, and it lets your detractors know that she is more complex than they might have thought.
10. Make some international celebrity friends. This is all about publicity. The best thing to help Britney’s career is making an appearance at the front row of a fashion show in Paris or Milan. She needs to make sure that she is seen with her new friends in photographs. It worked for Katie Holmes. When people started looking at her strangely for her relationship with Tom Cruise, she gained instant appeal by shopping with Victoria Beckham. The key is to make sure they are the right friends. Friendships with Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan would only reinforce the idea that you shouldn’t be taken seriously.
Britney Spears can easily get her career back on track, but she needs to follow these ten tips to do so. They will help her avoid mistakes she has made in the past, and accomplish new things in the future.