Eating at restaurants can get pretty expensive depending upon the time of day, the type of restaurant, and the amount of food along with drinks you order. Here are ten ways to save money when you dine out at restaurants.
1. Try to find a coupon for the restaurant that you want eat at. Many restaurants will usually have coupons each week in order to get more sales.
2. Go out to eat during the lunch hour since most of the time you can receive food at half price instead of paying dinner prices at dinner time. This is important to keep in mind since it will save you large amounts of money each year.
3. Don’t order expensive drinks at the restaurant. Some restaurants will let you bring your own drink into the place. You can just ask them for a cup with some ice in it. This will help you save even more money since you won’t be paying expensive prices for regular soda from the restaurant itself.
4. Make sure to use any discount cards that you may have. Some cities have a discount card available for purchase to get discounts on local restaurants in the area. This is important to look into each year since it could possibly save you hundreds of dollars each year.
5. Don’t add extra food to your order unless you eliminate another food from the platter. If you want something extra then ask the waiter if you can eliminate one item off the food platter for a different item since it will either keep the food the same price or will you get a discount. You might want to ask about any discounts.
6. Try to order half the amount of food. If you usually don’t eat all of your food you can explain it to the waiter and see if the restaurant will only charge you half price for half the amount of food. This is another great way to save additional amounts of money each year.
7. If you aren’t happy with the service or food then complain to the manager. It will help you save even more money each year. We all know about service is getting more poor each year and complaints have gone up.
8. Try to eat at restaurants when they have happy hour specials or any other type of special promotions. This is the best time to get food as cheap as possible. It will save you hundreds of dollars each year by doing this.
9. Eat at restaurants that have a policy that they need to get your food out to the table within 20 minutes otherwise your food is free. This is a great way to get free food. Make sure to always bring along a friend with you that likes to have a steak that is completed cooked.
10. Go to food places when it is near closing time at the end of the day since most food is half off since they usually have to throw it away. This is another excellent method of receiving free food or buy food at major discount price.