Sandwich bags are a wonderful invention, not that I ever use them for sandwiches. They are under-marketed because they have practical uses you may have never thought of. Sandwich bags can be used for just about anything. A better product name for them is storage bags though when you say that you think of some great big bag. I have ten practical uses for sandwich bags and here they are:
1. They make a great wipe holder. The commercial packages that wipes come in don’t hold up and you end up with dry wipes. Put your wipes in a sandwich bag, the kind with a locking top (ex. zipper lock) and you will have wet wipes for months.
2. Use them to make individual servings for baby formula. Commercially you can by tubes of baby formula for individual use but they don’t come in the size you may need for your child. I believe they are only 4 oz servings per tube and you don’t want to carry around the can of formula. The containers that they make to carry around, you know the ones with the divided compartments, leak and then one side may have more powder in it than another. So try putting your formula measured to your child’s needs in a sandwich bag. All you have to do then is add it to your bottle and shake.
3. Carry your child’s snacks in them that way they don’t make a mess in your pockets or diaper bag.
4. Use sandwich bags when traveling to carry your toothbrush in, makeup, shampoo or anything that could potentially make a mess of your suitcase. That way if there is a spill it is contained in the sandwich bag.
5. When traveling use them to carry important paper work in. In case of a spill your passport won’t get soggy.
6. They also make great organizers for things extra small. For example I keep batteries in them after I have opened the container so I don’t have to scavenger for the batteries at the bottom of the draw. I also use them to keep my child’s small toys all together. My daughter has gotten into marbles, I keep them in a sandwich bag so they won’t scatter around.
7. Use sandwich bags to carry your child’s crayons around. That way if they are accidentally left in the car or their book bag, they won’t melt and make a huge mess.
8. Sandwich bags are also great to keep a change of panties in for your child or even yourself if needed. If you are constantly on the go put a pair in a sandwich bag and when a change is need you have them crumb free and clean. The bag then makes a great place to put the dirty ones.
9. A sandwich bag turned inside out makes a great poop scooper. When walking your dog use this method and when you pick the poop turn back the correct way to contain the poop with an air tight seal.
10. Try putting your dirty diapers in them, so when you can’t throw out the stink bomb away, at least you can contain the smell.
Be creative the possibilities are endless and I am sure you can find tons of ways to use sandwich bags too. Please don’t forget to reuse and recycle when done.