If you are currently expecting a baby and trying to figure out what to put on your baby registry then you may want to take the time to read this article. I had put both of these items on my baby registry and yes I did receive them, but I noticed that there are quite a few problems with both of these items. Following is a list of five problems that I found with the 2005 Infant to toddler rocker by fisher price.
1. The motor does not last very long. For the amount of money that you invest in this product you would really expect it to last an at least until your child gets tired of it. But unfortunately this products motor died after only a few weeks. It may have been because we used it quite often, but any baby product should really be made to last, since it will be getting constant use.
2. It is not very sturdy. When you first put these items together you will see that it really is not very sturdy at all. When your child begins to rock in it, they almost seem to appear to be failing out. On several occasions it even flipped over. Baby products should be made to endure the abuse that young children will sometimes put them through, and this product just does not do that.
3. Uncomfortable for baby. I have noticed through the course of my research that most baby rockers have a lot more cushion to them. This one however seemed to be very uncomfortable and has no cushion to it at all. All babies need that extra padding and comfort. Especially since most moms use baby rockers to help their children fall asleep. If they are not comfortable then they will not fall asleep.
4. Does not encourage hand to eye coordination. I have spoken to many parents about whether or not they feel the hand to eye coordination is increased by using this product and based on the poll I took about eighty percent said no. They hanging animals that come with the rocker usually ended up being disregarded or ignored. So as far as the educational aspect of this item there really does not seem to be any.
5. Not very comfortable for toddlers. This chair is supposed to be able to convert into a chair for your child when they become a toddler. Converting it does happen to be a very simple task, but the chair is just not very comfortable for toddlers. Of course they like the rocking motion, but being that most toddlers end up getting overly excited with some objects they begin to rock themselves too hard in this chair and can actually end up harming themselves. This information is based on a poll of about thirty different families who have used this product. About seventy percent felt that it is useless for toddlers.
Not everything about the 2005 infant to toddler rocker is bad; there are several very good qualities about this product. Following is a list of pros that you can consider when thinking about buying this product.
1. Two uses for one price– One thing that many parents seem to love is that you can get two items for the price of one. This is definitely something that you get with this product. You can use it for your infant and then you can convert it to a chair for your toddler.
2. Bright Colors help to hold your child’s attention– Many parents found that the colors of the chair itself seem to help hold their child’s attention. Although some found that the hanging toys did not hold their child’s attention, the seat itself had very interesting designs that children seem to love.
3. Easy to transport from room to room.- Another feature that was very good about this product is that it is very easy to transport from room to room. This works great for parents who are always busy trying to complete tasks around the house while trying to keep an eye on their young children.
4. Very affordable– When compared with the price of other rockers this product happens to be very affordable. It usually cost about thirty five dollars, but if you wait until it goes on sale you may be able to purchase it for less. One thing that parents always seem to look for in any product is affordability.
The Pros and Cons of the Combi Deluxe Activity Rocker
Following is a list of several pros and cons that were found in the Combi Deluxe Activity Rocker. When comparing these two products I could not come up with the same number of pros and cons. Take a look and compare this list with the lists listed above and see which you would prefer to invest in.
1. Very Expensive– This items costs about eighty dollars, which is really a lot of money. Especially considering that this product is only able to be used until your baby reaches the age of about nine months. Even though it says that it can be used until your child reaches that age of twelve months. But many parents have found that their children no longer enjoy using it once they have reached eight or nine months of age.
2. The vibrating is the only real feature- Unlike some of the other rockers that are currently on the market this one does not play music, or have any additional features other then the three speeds of vibrating. It can vibrate slow, medium or fast, and that is about it. My children were not very entertained by this feature, and I ended up rocking it with my foot and not even using the vibrating feature.
3. No bright Colors for your baby to look at– The colors on this rocker are very neutral, and do not have any of the bright colors that most rockers have. While this may be beneficial at first since most babies can not see colors, eventually they will begin to recognize colors and will not longer find this product very interesting.
Following is a list of several Pros that I found with the Combi Activity Rocker!
1. It is very comfortable for your baby– Unlike the fisher price infant and toddler rocker this one is very cushiony and comfortable for baby. It was very simple for my little one to get comfortable and fall asleep in this rocker.
2. Machine Washable seat cushion– When it comes to babies anything that is machine washable is definitely a plus. This product has removable cushions that you can very easily pop into the washing machine and place back on the rocker. Since most babies always seem to make a mess this definitely make life a lot easier for mom.
3. Several reclining positions-You can recline the chair to adjust to your child’s own personal comfort level. Even the bottom foot rest can be easily adjusted so that your child is as comfortable as he or she can get. This is really a great feature since each child is very different.
4. Very easy to transport- Just like the Fisher Price rocker is fold up very easily and is simple to transport from room to room or when you are traveling on trips.
When you have finished reading this article you should be able to decide which of these products will work best for you and your little one. Keep in mind that everyone has their own opinions, and what does not work for others may not work for you. There is also nothing wrong wit going to the store and taking a look at each of these products and physically comparing both of them.