Halloween is a time to get creative. It is a time to have fun and make people smile and laugh with spooky and silly decorations remembered for years to come. Here are 25 ideas to get in the Halloween spirit and have a Spooktacular time.
1. Serve spiced cider in a big plastic pumpkin using a ladle and serving into big orange plastic cups.
2. Make carrot juice for a healthy Halloween treat showing your orange colors. Use black licorice as swizzle sticks.
3. Set up flower vases with no flowers, but just dead twigs and branches you have spray painted black or painted in glow in the dark colors.
4. Hang gummy worms from your ceiling.
5. Buy a can of spider web spray from your local party store and create an elaborate spooky web on your ceiling or in one corner of your house where trick or treaters can view it when you open your door.
6. Build a life size stuffed scarecrow by stuffing jeans and a flannel shirt. Use pantyhose stuffed with polyfill (used to stuff pillows), so the head looks life like and poke in jewelry and safety pins that resemble scary body piercings. Decorate the face with paint.
7. Decorate those unwanted AOL and earthlink CD’s, or buy a cheap spindle of CD roms and glue candy corn to them and attach to fishing line or black ribbon and hang as porch decorations.
8. Paint your nails black with nail polish and make costume jewelry out of glow sticks or black licorice.
9. Make some MP3’s of scary sounds and screams and evil laughter and play the soundtrack to people you know can handle a joke.
10. Make a Halloween wreath by pinning black and orange candy into a Styrofoam wreath form. Hang it on your door entrance.
11. Find the silliest Halloween jokes on the Internet and print them up and read a random kid’s jokes to trick or treaters before giving them their candy. That will really spoon them when they think they are getting a trick instead of a treat.
12. Fill candy jars with black licorice or black jelly beans and attach plastic glow in the dark spiders, snakes and insects to the lids.
13. Make a Ghoulish Garland or Banner by using black ribbon to tie a long string of plastic spiders or bugs and hang them around the room or around your door entrance.
14. Wear medical gloves and a surgical mask and scrubs decorated with some fake blood, to surprise your Halloween visitors when you answer the door.
15. Fill a room in your house with black and orange helium balloons.
16. Light several black votive candles and dim your lights to create a spooky atmosphere.
17. Make a mask out of googly craft eyes glued to an unwanted mask. It will freak people out seeing so many moving eyes.
18. Use a mini strobe light to flash in a darkened room.
19. Remote control fog machines sell for under $50 at several places on the net. They will create a creepy grave yard feeling and add to your stash of spook capades.
20. Buy a couple of fake and gross body parts at buycostumes.com
Your decoration will surely be unforgettable.
21. Buy fake mice and rats at a gag shop and strategically place them around both the inside and outside of your house to really spook visitors. For added affect you can place some in mousetraps.
22. Go to your dollar store for great bargains on Halloween novelties you can incorporate into your decorating and creation of spooky props.
23. Decorate a hideous wig with nasty things from a gag shop like fake dog poop and worms and fake vomit and little skulls. You’ll be sure to cause a reaction to keep you laughing all night.
24. You can make cupcakes with orange frosting and chocolate sprinkles for garnish, or if you want black icing, the Wilton company makes black icing dye. The way to make black icing is start with dark chocolate icing and stir in the black paste coloring which is made by Wilton and sold in Michaels or Wal-mart.
25. Make monster size foot prints leading up your driveway to your door. You can do this by taking a large sponge (like the kind you use to wash a car), and cut the shape of a shoe or foot bottom and then put some washable paint in an aluminum pan to stamp foot prints into a path.