Are you looking for the perfect outfit? Do you have a closet full of stylish clothes that don’t look good on you? Have you ever wondered why so many of your outfits fit funny? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions, you could be committing at least one of three deadly fashion sins.
Below are three areas in fashion that most people go astray in. If you are one of the guilty ones, beware! You’ll have to atone, make amends and rework your closet.
1) Color. Even on a sunny day, you are the same color as the whiteout on your desk. As a result, unless you plan on investing in a lot of suntan lotion, that yellow shirt hanging in the front of your closet will never look good on you. The best bet for you and any other color-blind shopper is to buy clothes that make your skin ‘pop.’
The color is wrong if:
Skin Tone appears drained and tired
Shadowing creating a false impression of under eye circles
Shadowing causing a false impression of double chins
Giving your teeth a slightly yellow hue
The color is right if:
Skin tone appears radiant and glowing
Eyes appear brighter and alert
Hair reflecting highlights
2) Cut. If your rump is so high that the opposite sex wants to stop and salute as you walk by, buying pants with thick pockets will only make matters worse. Like so many people, you are breaking the laws of fashion by emphasizing a body part that needs to be minimized. For this reason, buying clothes with cuts and patterns that look good on you is vital.
For slim people desiring to look larger, choose clothes with:
For heavy people desiring to look smaller, chose clothes with:
No ruffles or pleats
3) Age Appropriateness. You know who you are. You are fifty, but tell everyone you are twenty-one. So maybe you do look good for your age, but no one looks that good. For this reason, the hip hop gear and mini skirts look ridiculous on you. It’s time to face Father Time and change your wardrobe.
The outfit is age-appropriate if:
You see other people in your age group wearing it
You look stylish and not trendy in it
You purchase it in a store geared toward your demographics
In conclusion, when selecting clothes, always remember to pick ones with cut and color that compliment you. They also need to be age-appropriate. If you do these simple things, you’ll feel better about how you look and put your best face forward.
* In the fable “The Emperor’s New Clothes”, a vain emperor walks around naked after being sold a non-existent outfit.
* Because of the profitability of it, many rappers and R&B artists are starting their own clothing lines.
* Some televangelists sell ‘praying cloths’ to their viewers promising that they possess special ‘healing’ powers.
* Janet Jackson set a new precedence for half-time, super-bowl entertainment when she bore one breast during a song.