Shopping online for quality used clothing for children is a blessing for parents on a budget. It is now so easy to purchase designer and brand name garments for your children, while saving a whole lot of money. However, when shopping online, there are some basic rules to follow to ensure that the clothing that is delivered to your home is the quality and condition you expect.
1. A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words – When shopping from sellers on eBay, try to stay clear of those that do not offer pictures of the clothing for sale. Look for auctions that have multiple pictures of decent quality so that you can see what the garment looks like and clearly show any flaws, stains or defects. Since you cannot touch the garment, the pictures become a critical part of shopping for used children’s clothing online. Rest assured that most professional sellers provide many pictures of the garment and show close-up detailed photographs of flaws or defects.
2. Quality Descriptions Provide Peace of Mind – Online sellers should provide a thorough and detailed description of the item. The description should include pertinent information such as the size, measurements (which are important for used clothing because some materials shrink with washing), color and condition. A conscientious seller will also note any problems with the item of clothing such as holes, stains, broken zippers, and normal wear and tear.
3. Check a Seller’s Online Reputation – Before you purchase anything, you should always take the time to check the seller’s feedback. On eBay, seller feedback is expressed as positive, neutral and negative. A seller with numerous negative feedback comments that are recent should be avoided, especially if the buyers have left comments that indicate that the item was not as described, the garment was in poor condition or the seller did not ship the item at all.
4. Online Sellers Should Stand Behind their Merchandise – Many sellers online, especially on eBay, offer a money back guarantee if the item is not as described. However, some sellers that offer used clothing sell their items on an ‘as is’ basis with no refund or return. It is always best to do business with professional online sellers who will honor a return if you are not happy with the item purchased, or if the garment was not as described online. Most professional sellers online understand that since you cannot see or physically touch the item of children’s clothing, it is good business to offer some kind of a return or exchange program.
5. Take Your Time and Really Read the Offer – Being an informed shopper is especially important when shopping online. Before placing a bid on eBay or making a purchase from an online retailer, it is important to know the terms and conditions of purchase. Don’t rush the process and purchase before you have all the facts. If you take the time to read through the item description carefully and review all of the photographs available, you can rest assured that you will not only be saving money, but you will be certain that you get what you paid for.