Opt-in mailing lists are a very important part of your online business. Even if you just have a small, niche business, an opt-in mailing list can mean extra income for you. This is why it is so rare when you find an online business that does not have an opt-in list.
These lists allow you to market your products via email. With an opt-in list, your subscriber will consent to receiving a newsletter from your business. In this way you can keep your subscribers updated about what you currently have available and what you will have available.
Since there is an atmosphere of mutual consent between you and your subscriber, any mail that you send to them will not be considered spam. Your subscriber is actually wanting to read your promotional materials including catalogs and newsletters.
As you can see, building an opt-in mailing list is quite important. However, only a small percentage of people will actually subscribe to an opt-in mailing list. This is because a lot of people find promotional mails annoying. If you can write a good newsletter though, your list will grow. This can also be achieved whenever you have good content on your site. If people like what they see on your site, then they will most likely want more. Here is where a newsletter can provide them with more information and yet cause them to want to return to your site.
Besides simply marketing your business, an opt-in email list can also earn you some extra money. Of course, not all lists can be used in this manner. First, you would need to build a successful list with a huge number of subscribers. It is a good idea to have a lot of subscribers so that you can make a lot of money. Here are 7 ways in which you can make money using nothing more than your list:
1. You can place advertisements in your newsletter. Many businesses will even pay you to place their ads in your newsletter if you have a lot of subscribers. Of course, you do not want to sell or rent out your list, but these ads will not do any harm. Each of these ads means more money in your pocket.
2. Become an affiliate with other sites that are related to your business. You can then place a link to these sites in your newsletter. Then, whenever someone clicks on that link you will earn money. This is known as a pay for performance situation.
3. Work out a deal with other companies who advertise in your newsletter. Ask them for a small percentage of the sales that they make through your list. Your earnings will then increase with every that is made by customers coming from your newsletter you will get more earnings.
4. It is possible to get products from other sites on a consignment basis to sell through your newsletter. In order to do this, you will want to place descriptions, articles and photos of the product in your newsletter.
5. You can sell e-books or a compilation of your articles on your list. Manuals and how-to articles are in especially great demand. People will be willing to pay money for knowledge about a certain topic. As an expert in your business, you will gain money from the ebook that you wrote.
6. Invite the subscribers on your list to invite more people to your list. The bigger your list is, the more money you can make through your advertising.
7. You may find that subscribers are actually willing to pay for trustworthy information. You can use your list to get more people to subscribe to you and browse your site.
8. Turn the people on your list into your partners. Your list will then grow and your profits will increase.