This is a dreaded word that can affect most couples in an instant. It is a word that brings with it sadness and devastation…. Yes, it is infertility. Most couples who are actively wanting t get pregnant often get so discouraged that they are willing to buy products like chlomid and other ovulation enhancing drugs that can produce multiple eggs to drop. This is a very bad idea… those drugs should only be used as a last resort.
Common causes of infertility in women are:
• Ovulatory disorders: A condition in which the egg isn’t properly released, or isn’t released at all, from the ovaries.
• Blocked fallopian tubes: The fallopian tubes may be either totally or partially blocked, slowing or completely preventing the flow of sperm to the egg.
• Endometriosis: A condition in which the lining in the uterus, which usually sheds during menstruation, grows outside the uterus. Endometrial lesions can block the fallopian tubes or impair ovulatory function
Common causes of infertility in men are:
• Sperm disorders: The sperm just not have the motility or enough of a life span, they can be abnormally shaped, unable to move properly through to the egg, or too few in number. Infectious diseases can also play a hand in this problem, such as the mumps, or an inadequate production of certain hormones can lead to a low sperm count.
There is hope for all of you couples that have not, as of yet, gotten pregnant. There are many wonderful herbal remedies out there that are great for this condition. It is important to always try natural treatment options before using chemicals as you can easily and inadvertently cause damage to your baby. There is nothing worse than getting pregnant only to lose it…. That is more devastating than not getting pregnant at all.
For those of you that are not ovulating properly you first need to realize that this can be a VERY simple problem to fix. The following herbs can be bought at any herbal, health food or GNC store nearest to you.
• Vitex (agnes cactus) is very efficient and will maintain a healthy cycle which during the proper time promotes a strong ovulation and hormonal balance that you might be lacking.
For men and women, GNC offers a great “fertility” vitamin supplement that has a combination of all the vitamins that raise hormones levels for premium reproduction function. The men’s supplement helps increase sperm count and motility levels… the women’s promotes strong and healthy ovulation.
There is also other ways in combination with the herbs above that will increase your chances.
1. Use the herbs for 3 months while counting the days of your menstruation. 1st day of last period to the next. This can show you precisely when you ovulate as it is (depending on cycle time, usually 28 days) 14 days after the first day of your period.
2. Use ovulation predictors to make absolutely sure for the first 3 months, if it is regular then you are good to go and no more need to buy the predictors is present.
3. A great product as far as an ovulation predictor is concerned is one that is reusable an inexpensive… a saliva tester. It is a hand held microscope that allows you to see the patterns of high hormone content that is present during ovulation. This you can use as much as you’d like during the ‘trying’ time.
If all this fails to produce the results you so desperately desire then you should consult your doctor for future procedures. Two things to remember… do not get discouraged as this can lead to stress and your body will not perform to the highest of its ability. Secondly, Don’t give up, more often than not frustration and despair lead to a feeling of overwhelming defeat and this is no way for parents to behave… just keep trying.