Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching and you are single. Are you dreading this holiday or are you taking it in stride with a plan to make yourself feel special?
Hate Being Single on Valentine’s Day?
You are not alone. There are so many people out there who are single and are dreading the approach to Valentine’s Day. They feel as though they are all alone and may never find that special someone. Valentine’s Day seems only to mock their loneliness.
Single and Loving It?
There are also people out there who enjoy their independence and do not necessarily want to meet a mate whether it is Valentine’s Day or not. These people may enjoy not having to answer to someone all the time. They may not want to be single forever, but are content with their own lives and know that a partner will come when the time is right.
Half Empty or Half Full?
Someone who is single may feel like they are missing something. Like they won’t be complete until they find that special someone to grow old with and share their lives with. They may dread the thought of being single on Valentine’s Day.
Or, someone who is single may enjoy their lives just the way they are. They may feel complete as they are and may or may not want to find a husband or wife. They may just ignore the fact that Valentine’s Day is coming and then get hit with it unexpectedly.
Neither one is better than the other, they are just different. The independent single person may suddenly find themselves desperately lonely and longing for a companion and spouse. Or, the person who is in need of a spouse may one day find that independence can be fulfilling too.
No Date for Valentine’s Day?
Whatever the case, if you haven’t got a date for Valentine’s Day, you may be feeling a little bit lonely. With a little planning, you may be able to ease that feeling and have a great holiday.
What’s Your Plan?
There are lots of things that you can plan for yourself to do on Valentine’s Day so that you don’t feel alone and so that you feel special.
- Make plans with other single friends. This is a great idea if you are single on Valentine’s Day. You many not want to go out to dinner though, as restaurants will be quite crowded with, well, you know who.
- Visit parents or grandparents. Your parents or grandparents will love to see you on Valentine’s Day. Make a real fuss over them and make sure to tell them how much you really care. It will be a very special Valentine’s Day for all of you.
- Volunteer. If you are single on Valentine’s Day, a great way to show people you care is by volunteering. Your local hospital or elder care facility will probably love to have your help. Who better to make a fuss over this Valentine’s Day than people in need? You may find that it makes you feel loved too.
- Buy Yourself a Gift. If you find that you need to feel special on Valentine’s Day, why not spoil yourself a little bit? You don’t need to depend on someone else to do it for you. Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to treat your self to something – even if it is inexpensive. It will probably give you a nice little boost.
- Cook yourself a special meal. If you are single on Valentine’s Day, you can still treat your self to a great meal. Is there a special dish that you wouldn’t usually make for yourself, but that you really enjoy? Why not fix it for yourself? This is a great way to make your self feel special.
- Go to a Spa. This doesn’t need to be a pricey adventure. Your local hairdresser may have some spa amenities available at a very reasonable cost. If you are single this Valentine’s Day, why not make your self feel a little special by having a manicure, pedicure, facial or massage? You deserve it.
- Choose an anonymous Valentine. This is a great idea and will help you feel great if you are single this Valentine’s Day. Do you know someone who is also feeling a little lonely this Valentine’s Day? Why not make them your secret Valentine and send them some flowers or a gift? Don’t make them feel as though you want romance, though. That would be dishonest. Add a note to the gift or bouquet and tell them honestly that you think they are great and add something that you admire about them. You may just find that this makes you feel good about your self too.
Enjoy Valentine’s Day
Whatever plan you decide to make for your self, take some time and think about the things you have achieved in your life. We all forget to pat ourselves on the back sometimes. If you can’t think of any big achievements, add up lots of small ones. Even cleaning the house or washing the car are daily triumphs.
You are special. You deserve to have a very happy Valentine’s Day. Maybe next year you won’t be single for Valentine’s Day, but for now, embrace it, enjoy it and celebrate you!