Up above my head I hear music and wedding bells in the air! Weddings are wonderful celebrations where family and friends have the privilege of witnessing two souls becoming one. I have been blessed to attend and participate in many weddings through the years and each ceremony had their own unique styles; yet there is one wedding that stands out in my mind and I’d like to share the experience with you today.
It was nearly 8 years ago, but I remember this particular wedding celebration like it was yesterday. The venue was a club house in the Washington DC area and was located right on the river. This club was surprisingly altered from a stuffy men’s club into a beautiful sea of white roses with hundreds of other elegant white flowers. The afternoon began on the terrace of the venue where the sun sparkled as it danced across the water. Guest were served champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and various other scrumptious finger delights.
When the appropriate time came, the guest were escorted inside the club to find a beautifully appointed room filled with white candles and endless rows of beautiful chairs covered in crisp white linen. It was like a dream! The ceremony commenced and after the bride and groom said their I DO’s the guest were led back to the terrace to enjoy additional appetizers and to once again behold the beautiful water views. This time the views were extra special because the sun was just setting and you could see the warm amber colored sun slowing descending down on the water and the vision literally took my breathe away.
After a short period we were led back inside the venue and it had been completely transformed. It was now set up as a lovely dining room where all of the round tables were draped in bright white linen cloth. And each table was adorned with beautiful floral arrangements with lovely white candles and place cards. The atmosphere put me in the mind of fine dining at the Four Seasons or the Waldorf in New York City.
Once the dinner service ensued I was pleasantly surprised by the style of service. Most sit down dinners have the wait staff to bring you your meal on a tray, but their staff carried very large platters made of white china. The platters were filled with different types cuisine. You had a choice of Prime Rib or Roasted Rosemary Chicken, String Beans or Asparagus and Baby Red Potatoes or Squash. Once you made your choice the staff served it to you directly on your plate. I had never seen anything like it before or since that event. The evening only got better once they began to serve the dessert which consisted of at least a dozen different kinds of mini cakes made of chocolate, strawberry, pineapple, raspberry, vanilla and almond. It was heavenly and an experience I’ll always treasure.
This month I am going to be highlighting various wedding venues. I will give you information on how to have a elegant wedding on a budget. We will take a look at a local church, a National Hotel chain and even a Caribbean Island venue.
Today we are focusing on how to plan your wedding at a local church. I have chosen a church in Norcross, Georgia called Victory World Church where the Senior Pastors are Dennis and Colleen Rouse. I attended a wedding at this facility recently and after researching found out that you can spend as little as $500.00 up to $3000.00 for a wedding and reception at this venue.
Victory World Church’s Wedding services include:
1. Wedding Coordinator – This person is someone that can help you plan your entire event from the choosing of the wedding gown to the bridesmaids dresses. The coordinator will also help you to arrange the rehearsal and reception. Although the wedding coordinator service is available, you are responsible for arranging your own flowers, decorating the sanctuary and clean up.
2. Wedding Reception – Although this venue is not equipped to prepare food for your reception, you can have a caterer of your choice come in and set up the available space and use their kitchen facilities. Also you will need to contract your own wait staff.
3. Minister – There are ministers on staff that are available to officiate your wedding ceremony and they will be available at your rehearsal night to coordinate the wedding.
4. Media/Light Technicians – This church has state of the art sound and lighting equipment and professional technicians that will coordinate your wedding music and set your desired atmosphere. You can either prepare a CD or have them arrange for a staff musician to play live music. You can also request to have your ceremony video taped or put on audio or CD for a keep sake.
5. Dressing Room – On the day of your wedding you and your wedding party will have access to two dressing rooms; one for the bride and her bridesmaids and maid of honor and one for the groom and his groomsmen and best man.
You can have a wonder wedding for as little as $500.00 and have a small intimate reception at home or at another small local venue. Call Victory today for detailed information on their wedding services at 770-849-9400.
Happy New Year from the Francis Family to Your Family!