Okay folks, this has got to be the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to do something positive. All you have to do is click. That’s it. Just visit the six sites below and click the big colored button. Advertisers on the sites make a donation based on the number of clicks, which represent people who’ve seen their ads. Click here for more information on how it works. The six sites are:
* The Child Health Site sponsors work that helps prevent life-threatening diseases in children, restores vision to blind children, and enables child amputees to walk. Yesterday, clicks helped 1,685 children get and stay healthy.
* The Literacy Site buys books for children through their partner, First Book. Yesterday, clicks bought books for 903.5 children.
* The Hunger Site supports hunger relief efforts of Mercy Corps and America’s Second Harvest (see the January 24th post). Each click provides 1.1 cups of staple food. Yesterday, clicks bought 166,541 cups of staple food for the hungry around the world.
* The Rainforest Site helps preserve rainforests through their charity partners. Each click saves 11.4 square feet of endangered rainforest. Yesterday, clicks protected protected 1,094,560 square feet of endangered land.
* The Breast Cancer Site funds mammograms for women who otherwise would not be able to afford them. Yesterday, clicks bought 10.8 mammograms.
* The Animal Rescue Site provides food and care to rescued animals. Each click buys .6 bowls of food. Yesterday, clicks provided 107,301 bowls of food to animals in shelters and sanctuaries.
I’ve bookmarked one of the sites (they all link to each other) and click each day as soon as I turn on my computer. It takes me less than 30 seconds to click through all six sites. That’s a lot of good for less than 30 seconds a day. Try it and spread the word! No excuses. You’ll see: it’s the quickest, easiest, cheapest way to make a difference.
Want more click to donate sites? Check these out:
* Donation Junction has links to over 40 click to donate sites supporting a wide range of charitable organizations and good causes, from hunger to HIV. It’s one stop clicking! You can visit their site in Italiano, Svenska, Suomi, Russkiy, Français , or English. Thanks for the tip, Red Elephant!
* Clicks on FreeDonation.com trigger contributions to support eight different causes from AIDS to the arts, education to the environment. Read more here.
* Visit PovertyFighters.com and click to make a 25 cent donation towards a microloan. It may not sound like much but it adds up quickly when you click everyday. Learn more here.
* Click the button on FightHunger.org to feed a child one school lunch. Imagine, a child will eat (and learn!) because of your efforts. This site is sponsored by OxFam. Read more here. Thanks for the tip, Meg!
* Gear that Gives hosts six different click to donate sites, including ones on literacy, breast cancer, hunger and rainforest preservation. Learn more here.
Choose your favorites, then click now, click daily and spread the word. Clicking every day won’t solve all our problems, but it will help. Remember, you can give more than just money. Give regularly of your time, talents, and resources. We can all contribute, and the different ways we give will help get the job done.
“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.” – Confucius