Delaware has a wonderful selection of bed and breakfasts ranging from ranches to beautiful historic homes. Here is a list of some of the best and what they have to offer.
1. Little Creek Inn: Dover, DE. This historic home was built in 1860. They offer four guestrooms, each with a private bath. Two of these rooms offer Jacuzzis. Each room also features phones, Direct TV and a laptop hookup. Onsite and nearby activities will include swimming, fishing, golfing, shopping, and biking. They will let you bring your dog and smoking and alcohol are permitted in limited areas. For more information call 1-302-730-1300. They are online at www.littlecreekinn.com.
2. Woodsong Country Inn: Frankford, DE. This spacious inn has over 8,000 square feet. There are six guestrooms, each with a private bath. Room amenities are endless and include, telephone, ironing board, internet service, fireplace, fridge, and more. Onsite you will have access to a wet bar, fax machine, copier, wet bar, and washer and dryer. Onsite and nearby activities are biking, fishing, golfing, and hiking. The B&B is convenient to amusement parks, a beach, movies, museums, and antique shopping. For more information, call them at 1-302-539-8845. Visit them online at www.woodsongcountryinn.com.
3. Deep Branch Retreat Bed and Breakfast: Georgetown, DE. This bed and breakfast has three guestrooms, one with a private bath. The newly remodeled ranch home has an open floor plan with a piano and a deck to relax on. Activities include biking, hiking, boating, swimming, airplane rides, horses, hunting, and water sports. Area attractions include Outlet stores, and Dover Downs International Raceway. For more details, this B&B can be reached at 1-302-855-0883.
4. The John Penrose Virden House: Lewes, DE. This 19th century Victorian home features three guestrooms, each with a private bath. It is conveniently located only a half mile from the beach. No pets or smoking. The B&B is conveniently located to shopping, art galleries, restaurants, and movie theatres. Biking, hiking, golfing, and swimming are just some of the outdoor fun available. If you would like more information, call them at 1-302-644-0217. They are online at www.virdenhouse.com.
5. Lazy L at Willow Creek Bed and Breakfast Resort: Lewes, DE. This B&B offers five guestrooms, each with a private bath. Some onsite amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, pool table, and free internet. Housebroken pets that are well behave are welcome. This is an acre fenced in to let your pet run free. There are also dog friendly beaches close by. Smoking is permitted in limited areas. The resort is conveniently located to shopping, amusement parks, outlet stores, religious services, and casinos. If you would like more information on this bed and breakfast, they can be reached at 1-302-644-7220. Or, you can visit them online at www.lazyl.net.
A great place online to learn more about Delaware bed and breakfasts is www.bedandbreakfast.com/delaware. Delaware has a lot to offer and many attractions to enjoy while you are visiting one. Rates tend to change throughout the year, so call ahead.