There are quite a few organizations that you can donate your used car to in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The following five is, by no means a complete list of all of the charities that accept vehicle donations but all are worthwhile charities to look into.
1. At Cars For Courage your vehicle donation helps support their Courage Center’s services. Courage Center is a place that for people with a wide range of disabilities, that offers physical rehabilitation, wellness and fitness, aquatics, mental health and family support services, vocational training, driver assessment and training, community living skills and assistive technology, camping and recreational programs among other services to help those with mental and physical impairments live more independently. They also operate Courage Residence which is a facility that offers short 6 to 9 month stays for up 64 people at a time that have a spinal cord injury, brain injury, have had a stroke or have congenital disabilities. Its mission is to transition these individuals back into society by teaching independent living skills. All-in-all these programs help more then 16,000 people, of all ages, each year. Their main drop off center for your used car is The Minnesota Zoo where vehicles can be dropped off 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily. To schedule a drop off or for more information on donating your car to Cars For Courage call 763-520-0540, toll free at 1-888-440-CARS (2277), or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or check out their website at www.courage.org
2. New Gate Education Training Center, located at 2900 East Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis, Minnesota is a facility that offers a two sided benefit to used car donations. Students here learn the skills to become certified auto body technicians by working on the donated vehicles, which are then provided to low income mothers and families in need of transportation in order to seek or keep employment. To donate your used car you can drop it off anytime between 8:30 – 5:30 on Monday through Thursday, Friday 8:30 – 5:00 and from 9 – 1 on Saturdays. You don’t need to call ahead or make an appointment Make sure to bring the title and any lean waivers associated you’re your car. For more information, or to see if towing to the school can be arranged for your vehicle call 612-378-0177 or check out New Gate’s website at: http://www.newgateschool.org/index.htm
3. The Minnesota AIDS Project, located at 1400 Park Avenue S
Minneapolis, Minnesota accepts your donated vehicle then works with an outside company to sell it and use the proceeds towards programs to stop the spread of HIV/Aids in Minnesota. For more information call Scott Bilodeau at 612-373-2407 or emailing him at email@example.com. Please have your car’s make, model, vehicle identification number and approximate mileage when contacting him.
4. The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Minnesota can be reached by calling 651-255-WISH (9474) or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. They grant the wishes of children between the ages of 2 and 1/2 and 18 that have life threatening illnesses.
5. Goodwill Easter Seals offers employment and skills training to adults with disabilities and economic disadvantages as well as free loans of medical equipment to any person with a temporary need, up to six months. They also have The Father Project which helps fathers overcome any obstacles that are preventing them from financially or emotionally supporting their children. You can drop off your vehicle donation, no appointment needed, at any Goodwill Store, except Goodwill outlet, during business hours. For more information, including the store nearest you OR to arrange for a free vehicle pick-up from your home contact the Car Donation Manager by calling 651.285.2507 or emailing:
All of these places are respected, worth-while charities to donate your used car to. There are a lot of other places around Minneapolis, Minnesota as well as websites that accept vehicle donations for charity. Just be sure to carefully check out any organization before donating, to make sure your generosity is being put to good use.