If you’re lucky to work at resort spa at some point in your career, don’t overlook the many benefits of your relaxing work environment. Not only do you have easy access to some of the latest spa treatments and service, but it’s easier than ever to work yourself to the max–and then treat yourself to a luxurious pampering session! Melting stress away will quickly become a part of your weekly agenda; whether you’re the spa manager or just a front desk appointment setter, here are just eight fringe benefits of working at a spa resort:
1. Discounted services. An obvious benefit is the reduced rates on all services. From that deep tissue massage to a pampering facial, there’s no excuse to look and feel your best! You’ll also get overnight accommodation and package discounts; it’s easy to enjoy and share your corner of luxury.
2. Access to spa trades shows and exhibitions. The Day Spa Association and other industry networks all offer shows and events throughout the year. Hitch a ride to the next event, and take advantage of goodie bags, freebies, and coupons for some of the latest products.
3. Host your next event. You’ll be the person to contact for that upcoming wedding reception, special event or other special occasion. Don’t overlook the opportunity to get group rates and other service discounts on packages.
4. VIP treatment. As you get to know the estheticians, massage therapists, and service providers, scheduling that must-have appointment becomes that much easier. You’ll get the customized treatments you deserve.
5. Shopping for friends and family with ease. From gift certificates to luxurious products, there’s no need to scour the stores for holidays, birthdays, and special occasions.
6. Achieving inner balance and harmony. What could be better than working in a peaceful and tranquil environment? Even when those stress levels rise to epic proportions, having easy access to a world of luxury and serenity is a big plus.
7. Learning the resort industry inside out. From hotel management to operations, working at a resort is a career path that is one of a kind. You’ll get the best of both worlds; hospitality and services are part of the daily agenda.
8. Working out becomes a part of life. From yoga classes, special workout programs, or just the resort’s fitness center, staying in shape is a valuable and fun activity. The resorts that offer nature walks and hikes are another great opportunity to enjoy your own miniature getaway.
If you’re toiling away at your office in the resort spa, don’t overlook the multiple benefits and opportunities to pamper yourself. From spa services to treatments, enjoying the perks of the spa will soon become the highlight of your weekly schedule.