With blogging now becoming mainstream activity, advertisers are targeting them to take their message to the untapped online audience. Also, bloggers and the audience tend to have a one on one relationship, which makes it easier to market through the blogger.
The trend to pay bloggers to say a few words about a product is catching up, with growing number of advertising companies specializing in matching bloggers with the right kind of advertising. Some companies pay bloggers put advertise in their blog for a fee and others have a “paid blogger” within the company to help out.
Here are the sites who pay bloggers
- http://www.weblogsinc.com//: To join, bloggers have to send their name, contact number, blog URL and the category they want to write on. If selected they get paid to blog. The company claims that they do not tell the bloggers what to write so anything that appears on the blog is purely from the blogger. Some of the blogs they operate are: Engadget, Autoblog, and Joystiq
- http://www.blogkits.com: They match advertisers with blogs to get the right kind of advertise to the blog. To join you have to sign up with your social security number or your Tax ID.
- http://www.orble.com: Actually I am a paid blogger for Orble. My blog with them is www.apoliticalmind.com. You get paid 50% of the advertise revenue your blog generate. The company registers a domain name for you and sets up the blog. You just have to login and write technical and programming details are taken care of.
- http://payperpost.com:Once:Once your blog has been approved you can select among the opportunities posted on the site. Most of them ask you to write about a product or service or post a link in your blog. After you are done then you have to send them the link showing that you have actually posted it. Then after 30 days when the confirmation is made, you get paid.
- http://www.marqui.com/Paybloggers: Marqui is looking for marketing and business bloggers. They pay $800 per month and for qualifies leads they pay $50.00 per lead( for up to four months)
- http://www.bloggerparty.com/: You get your own blog and get to decide the topic you write on. You make money through the advertise revenue the blog generates.
- http://www.bloggingads.com/: Once you submit your blog for consideration you get a mail saying whether the blog was accepted or not. If accepted you get one or two advertise to be put up in the blog. After the link to the advertise is confirmed you get paid through pay pal. Pay rate usually $5 or $6. There is a one catch though, your blog has to be cached in Google.