That’s right ladies; it’s that time year of year. So polish up those toes nails and buff those heels, its time to get ready for the spring/summer shoe season. So often during the winter months we neglect our feet. They get hidden in thick socks and boots so really no need to keep them looking pretty, But now that spring is here let me give you ten easy steps on getting those feet ready.
- STEP 1: Remove any old nail polish thoroughly.
- STEP 2: Soak your feet in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. Add Epsom salts or any other commercial foot soak.
- STEP 3: Clip your toenails straight across using a toenail clipper or scissors. Clipping straight across will help prevent ingrown toenails.
- STEP 4: File the toenails to smooth any rough edges.
- STEP 5: Push back your cuticles. Use a cuticle moisturizer if they do not push back easily after soaking.
- STEP 6: Massage your feet with a moisturizing lotion. Use an exfoliating lotion if the skin is dry and/or roughened. Use a loofah or pumice stone on roughened areas.
- STEP 7: Separate your toes. Put cotton between your toes, or use a ready-made device for pedicures.
- STEP 8: Apply a base coat and give it time to dry.
- STEP 9: Apply polish, cleaning up any stray marks with a cotton swab dipped in polish remover. I recommend using two coats.
- STEP 10: Finish up the pedicure with a top coat of clear polish.
IMPORTANT TIP: Vaseline after every shower or bath keeps them soft and moisturized.
For the ladies who have expensive taste I recommend Prada’s spring/summer collection. They have a variety of styles and colors fit for the Queen you are. My favorites are their wedges.
Now for those who like to show off their great sense of style Louis Vuitton has a wonderful collection as well. Many of their styles show off the famous LV logo on them.
Honestly, Prada and LV are just my fantasy shoes. Nine West is more in my financial ball park. They offer the same beauty styles for a fraction of the cost.
Now I have not forgotten about the little divas, Stride Rite has an adorable, affordable toddler and little girl spring/summer collection.
Whether you are looking for style or comfort, shopping for shoes is always fun. Get together with a couple of your girlfriends and enjoy a Saturday afternoon of hot gossip and trying on shoes.