These herbs are wonderful for many things but I’ll focus primarily on its functions for strong bones and joints while giving you a little extra insight as to the other benefits you can use them for. After searching the web for helpful sites I have brought the best of my investigation back for all of you to enjoy.
Herbs for Bones and Joints – #1
Du Zhong, also known as Cortex Eucommiae, is used to tonify the liver and the kidney, to strengthen the tendons and bones, and to prevent miscarriage. Also can help with deficiency conditions and lack of strength; threatened miscarriage and hypertension.
• Nourishing the liver and kidney and strengthening the bones and muscles. It is efficacious in the treatment of deficiency of the liver-yin and kidney-yin manifested as soreness and weakness of the loins and knees; deficiency and coldness in the liver and kidney marked by impotence, frequent micturition, etc.
• Miscarriage prevention. It is efficacious in nourishing the kidney and preventing miscarriage, usually prescribed in the treatment of threatened miscarriage and habitual miscarriage.
• Calming and suppressing liver-yang. It is efficacious in the treatment of dizziness and vertigo due to hyperactivity of liver-yang. It lowers blood pressure, preventive in miscarriage. An especially effective remedy for lumbago due to kidney deficiency.
Herbs for Bones and Joints – #2
Niu Xi, also known as Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae, is used To replenish the liver and the kidney, to strengthen the tendons and bones, to eliminate blood stasis and stimulate menstrual discharge, and to lead the blood to flow downward. Also for conditions like: Soreness of the lumber and knee joints with weakness in the legs; amenorrhea with mass formation in the abdomen; dizziness due to hyperactivity of the liver.
• Activating blood circulation to restore menstrual flow. This drug can be used to treat amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, retarded menstrual cycle, abdominal masses, difficult labor, etc. which are due to stasis of blood. It is often used in combination with Radix Angelicae Sinensis, Semen Persicae, Radix Paeoniae Rubra, Cortex Moutan Radicis, etc. When combined with Fructus Malvae Verticilltae, the drug can be used to treat retention of placenta.
• Relaxing tendons and muscles to treat arthralgia. This drug can bie used to treat aching pain of the low back and knee joints and arthralgia of the lower limbs due to wind-dampness. If the diseases are due to damp-heat, the drug is often used in combination with Rhizoma Atractylodis, Cortex Phellodendri in treatment; if the diseases are due to cold, the drug is often used in combination with Radix Angelicae Pubescentis, Fructus Chaenomelis, etc.;if the diseases are due to deficiency of the kidney, the drug is often used in conbination with Cortex Eucommiae, Radix Dipsaci, etc.
• Ensuring proper downward flow of blood. In treating pain and swelling of the gum, hematemesis, hemoptysis, epistaxis, etc. caused by hyperactivity of fire due to deficiency of Yin, the drug is often used in combination with drugs for nourishing Yin and purging fire such as Rhizoma Rehmaniae Praeparatae, Radix Ophiopogonis, Gypsum Fibrosum, Rhizoma Anemarrhenae, etc. In treating hypertension due to hyperactivity of the liver yang and headache due to spasm of the cerebral blood vessels,the drug can be used in combination with Ochra, Os Draconis, Concha Ostreae, Radix Scrophulariae,
• Inducing diuresis to treat stranguria. This drug can be used to treat stranguria due to heat and hematuria, and is often used in combination with Herba Dianthi, Talcum, Medulla Tetrapanacis, etc.
Herbs for Bones and Joints – #3
Xu Duan, also known as Radix Dipsaci, is used to replenish the liver and the kidney, to strengthen the tendons and bones, to heal bone fractures, and to seize extreme uterine bleeding. Aching and weakness of the loins and knees; rheumatic arthralgia, abnormal uterine bleeding or excessive menstrual flow, uttering bleeding during pregnancy; traumatic injuries.
• Tonifying the liver and kidney and activating channel function to relieve pain. In treating soreness and pain of the lion and leg and weakness of the foot and knee due to deficiency of the liver and kidney and of the foot and knee due to deficiency of the liver and kidney and sluggishness of blood circulation, arthralgia due to wind, coldness and dampness, muscular spasm, etc., the drug is often used in combination with Cortex Eucommiae, Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae, Fructus Chaenomelis, etc.
• Promoting reunion of fractured bones. In treating reunmatic injury, contusion, sprain, and closed fracture, the drug is often used in combination with Resina Boswelliae Carterii, Resina Commiphorae Myrrhae, Pyritum, Eupolyphaga seu steleophaga, Rhizoma Drynariae,etc.
• Preventing metrorrhagia and miscarriage. In treating metrorrhagia, metrostaxis, leukorrhea, threatened miscarriage, vaginal bleeding during pregnancy, etc., this herb is often used in combination with Radix Angelicae Sinensis, Radix Rehmanniae Praeparata, Colla Corii Asini, Folium Artemisiae Argyi, etc. Effective hemostatic action in female menstrual disorders; eliminates pus from abscesses and wounds.
As you can see there are many uses for these certain herbs, strong bones and joints are just one of their benefits. Stay healthy and happy and enjoy the natural remedies that God provides.