The biggest complaint (though not necessarily true) about homeschoolers is that they are not socialized, or are socially inept. If you live in Gwinnett County in GA (20 min North East of Atlanta), here are some socialization opportunities for your and your homeschooled kids:
1. Mondays from 1:00 to 3:30 Meet at Bogan Park in Buford GA. Homeschoolers meet at the pavilion past the pool, near the lake next to the ball fields. There are basketball courts, volleyball courts and a place to play any field sport. Bring roller blades or bikes. There is also a lake for fishing.
2. Fridays from 2:00 to 4:00 pm Homeschoolers meet at Ronald Reagan Park in . All ages are welcome. The park has a walking trail, basketball courts, pavilion, small pond with fish and frogs, a dog park, and a geo-cache.
3. Wednesdays from 2:00 to 4:00 pm Homeschoolers meet at Play Town Suwannee, in Suwanee GA. Bring folding chairs, as there are very few benches that are close together. There is a checker/chess table at the park. Feel free to bring the pieces to play.
4. Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Homeschoolers meet at Tribble Mill Park in Grayson GA. Meet near the new playground.
5. Fridays at 1:00 pm. Homeschoolers meet at Rhodes Jordan Park in Lawrenceville GA. Fridays at 1:00. Several homeschool groups meet there.
6. Every other Thursday at 7:00pm. Homeschooled Teens can meet in the Soda Shop near the fountain in Duluth GA. A parent or a responsible adult must accompany all teens/tweens.
These activities are subject to change, but you can keep up with what is going on where, as well as who will be there by joining the Peach Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PEACHHomeschool/