Mother’s Day should be a very special day. While most mothers will ooh and ahh over any gift they receive, a gift with love and thought gains the most attention. Small children can easily create homemade, adorable Mother’s Day gifts. In this article, I have listed two Mother’s Day crafts that are sure to win the heart of any mother.
Moms rarely get to feel appreciated. Let her feel how much she means to you by letting her have some time off from daily chores or having a soak in the tub. Small children can create a coupon flower or bath salts for mom. Follow directions from below.
Mother’s Day Craft One- Helping with Chores Flower
Green construction paper
Construction paper for the middle of the flower
Construction paper for flower petals
- Cut out a circle for the middle of the flower
- Cut five petals from construction paper
- Write one chore that the child could help with on each flower petal. Examples- set the dinner table, clean bedroom, vacuum, dust, feed the pet, make the bed, etc
- Use one piece of tape to tape each petal to the flower middle section. The tape should go across the back of both the middle section and the petal.
- Cut out a strip of green paper for the stem
- Glue the stem to the middle of the back of the flower
- Cut leaves out of green paper
- Glue the leaves to the stem
- Write or type and paste the following poem in the middle of the flower:
I love you for
All you do for me.
I’ll show you how much
Just you wait and see!
Tear off a petal
And watch what I can do.
You do so much for me
I’ll do something for you!
Mother’s Day Craft Two- Homemade Bath Salts
2 cups of Epsom salt (dead sea salt will also work)
1 teaspoons of baking soda
12 drops of essentials oil (lavender, vanilla, etc)
A small dab of frosting coloring paste if color is desired
Plastic bag or glass jar
- Mix salt, baking soda, oil, and coloring until well mixed and the sent and coloring are to your desire
- Pour into a plastic bag or glass jar.
- Add the following poem:
When the day has been long,
And you feel so stressed out,
Pour some magic salts,
Under the running spout,
Soak your worries away,
And enjoy your time,
Know that you are loved,
And I am glad that you are mine!