You can make good money from Mystery Shopping if you are enthusiastic and motivated to do so. I made almost $900 hundred dollars one month from Mystery Shopping. By using my system for success I know you too can receive a great income Mystery Shopping. The following are some suggestions that has brought about my success.
1. Apply with as many companies as you can. The more companies you apply with the higher your chances are of getting shop offers and making money.
2. Be professional. Mystery Shopping is a real job so you need to be professional. Some examples of being professional are: Sending a cover letter with the job application, emailing the company a few weeks letter to find out the status of your application, accepting shops you can complete, completing shops and reports with perfection.
3. Check your email every ½ hour to 1 hour. You never know when shop opportunities are going to be sent to you. Shops go as quickly as they are advertised. Many companies give shops to the first shoppers who respond to the email. So be on alert!
4. Check for shops during odd hours and days. Shops can be posted at anytime this includes holidays, weekends, early mornings and late nights. Although odd hours and days are not the most popular times to get a shop it does happen. Mystery Shopping companies exist all over the world. Their time zone maybe different from yours. Some companies continue to work during weekends and holidays. So if you happen to get up at 5a.m. in the morning check your email or job boards for shop opportunities.
5. Check job boards. There are job boards on the Internet that are made just for Mystery Shoppers which post jobs that maybe in your area. Keeping your eye out for postings in your area can help you get a shop and possibly connect with a new company that you have not applied for. Also many companies especially the ones that our under Sassie.com have job boards that you can view daily.
6. Once you have established yourself with the company ask them if they have any job openings in your area. You can also make them aware that you are available and would be open to shopping at anytime.
7. Be persistent. If you have tried applying for the same shop but never seem to get it send the company an email letting them know how excited you are to do the shop and have been waiting for awhile to get it.
8. Don’t be picky. Request whatever shop becomes available to you. You may not get all the shops you have requested. For example, you may get 2 shops out of 5 that you request. The more you select the higher your chances are of getting shops.
9. Select higher paying shops over lower paying ones. If your schedule starts to get tight don’t waste your time on $10 dollar shops pick ones that pay more. This especially applies during the first week of the month when many shops are being posted. The following are examples of higher paying shops: Banks, Apartments, Dealerships, Fitness Centers and Office Rental shops. Certain companies pay higher for the same type of shops than other companies. Once you become a veteran you will be able to pick up on which companies pay higher than others for the same type of shop.
10. Set a goal. You are likely to make more money if you have a goal set for yourself. First determine how much you would like to make in a month. For example, lets say your goal is to make a $1,000 for the month. You could break that down to weeks and days. So you would have to make $50 dollars a day for 5 days and $250 dollars a week to meet your financial goal of $1,000 dollars a month. Keep track of how much you make daily as a motivation for the rest of the days. Some days you may make less than your determined goal that may mean working harder on another day. On the brighter side some days you may make a lot more which can help you exceed beyond your desired goal. Setting a goal can help you stay focused and maximize the money you can make as a shopper.
11. Do an excellent job on all your shops. Companies give shops to shoppers who are reliable, accurate, organized, objective and detailed in their reports. They want to work with shoppers they can count on.
12. Be willing to travel. Venture out beyond your local area. Set up several shops along the way before you get to your final destination. This will make traveling worthwhile. Some companies even pay a little for mileage if you are willing to travel.
13. Invest in equipment that would be needed to complete a shop. Every so often there are shops that require you to have certain equipment. For example equipment that is becoming popular is the digital camera. Without a digital camera you may not be able to sign up for certain shops. Other types of equipment is a laptop computer, measuring cup, thermometer, stop watch etc… The items you buy for Mystery Shopping is tax deductible during tax time.
14. Have a buddy system. Mystery Shoppers within the same local area always compete with each other for shops. However, if you have a friend or family member who spots a shop they can’t do they can refer you to do that shop. Also if you know someone from another state both of you can work together in letting each other know of shops that are advertised in each other’s area.
15. Get certified. Some companies only give shops to shoppers who are silver and or gold certified. Companies see shoppers who are certified as educated and more serious about the field of Mystery Shopping. You can get silver certified within an hour over the Internet. The cost is currently $15 dollars at the MSPA website. Getting gold certified involves going to an all day workshop in your local area. Workshops in different areas occur about once a year. Gold certification does not occur in all states. You may have to travel in order to get gold certified. The certification usually costs around $100 dollars. An investment that maybe worth it in the long run.
By using these suggestions you can increase your financial income as a Mystery Shopper. Have fun shopping!