Whirlpool Countertop Microwave is the secret to my success in the kitchen. This compact, yet powerful little bundle zaps at 1100 watts but fits neatly on our space saver microwave shelf. At 1.1 cubic feet it is the perfect size for a family microwave. It measures 14 1/2 inches deep and 21 inches across. Yet, the amazing things it can do with the touch of a button!
The version of the Whirlpool Countertop Microwave I purchased is white, and is also available in black. It can easily fit on a countertop, space saver shelf, or microwave cart without appearing large. The design is modern and stylish.
Inside the microwave is a glass plate that revolves around a pre-set track. The plate can be removed for washing, but the bottom of the microwave will still have the indented space for the revolving glass plate. This allows food to be heated evenly.
My favorite features are the EZ-Choice one touch settings. With the press of a select button, you can do the following:
1. Heat a beverage-very convenient for hot chocolate or a cup of tea
2. Pop Popcorn-there is a 3 setting feature based on size of the bag. This is easy enough for my kids to make.
3. Cook vegetables-you can cook 1-4 cups at a time
4. Cook frozen entrees-The heating is based on a 10 ounce portion
5. Cook a casserole-Great feature for side dish casseroles. Time saving and faster than the oven
6. Heat baked goods- An easy and quick way to reheat any baked goods
7. Warm pre-cooked plates-One touch will make that dinner you cooked earlier seem piping hot
8. Reheat last night’s pizza- This will heat slices of pizza to the best temperature
9. Bake potatoes- Throw a few baked potatoes in for some fast cooking
The next best feature of this microwave is the defrost setting for meat, poultry, and fish. There are many days when I decide what to make for dinner last minute. With the defrost feature, I can set the defrost based on weight and have dinner started from freezer to oven within the hour.
There is an add a minute button which allows you to continue uninterrupted cooking and a warm hold, which is also handy.
I love this microwave for the many easy to use features and for the outstanding performance of cooking and reheating food. The defrost feature alone has saved me from take-out many times. I consider it a great bargain at the $89 price tag at our local Sam’s Club.
Cleaning this microwave is simple, but needs to be done rather often. The glass plate can be washed in the sink. The interior takes a little work to get clean, but naturally it must be hand cleaned/wiped. The exterior is stylish and looks brand new after 2 years.
If you are considering a microwave, I highly recommend the Whirlpool Countertop Microwave. It comes with a one year carry in warranty, but I suspect it will last many years in good standing in our house.