It is a difficult task to determine the best place to send your loved one to live when they are aging and even harder if you, yourself, are deciding the location. There are many key factors that must go into such a hard choice… such as
- Location, will you be around your family so that they may still visit you and so you can take trips if you feel the need to get away?
- Activities, will you be happy at this facility? Do they have a social atmosphere to make lots of friends?
- Affordability, will you get the services you require to make your money stretch without having to spend more on ‘extra’ care from outside the facility?
We’ll answer these one by one for you right now.
Senior Living: Summerville
Let me start by saying that Walnut California is not the only area this facility is located. There are several other California Summerville senior living facilities as well as other states near you if California just isn’t the right place for you. Below are a few states that have this one of a kind facility for your convenience.
- New Jersey
Senior Living: Company Overview
The following is directly from Summerville and what they can do for you and your loved ones. It is a comprehensive and highly informative promise that stands for dedication and professionalism:
Assisted living represents an extremely attractive, flexible option for seniors who may require or desire a more convenient supportive environment, but who do not have complex medical needs. A distinct combination of residential housing, personalized support services and health care, assisted living is designed to meet the individual needs of seniors who desire or require:
- the convenience of professionally prepared meals, housekeeping, and scheduled transportation;
- socialization enhanced by unique and interesting individual and group activities and by living in a community of peers;
- assistance, as needed, with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, grooming and medication management.
Assisted living can be optimal for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory impairment who can be in excellent physical condition, but who need additional assistance with cognitive functions. Residents with those special needs benefit from the company’s innovative SummerBrook® program which offers a higher level of assisted living care in a separate, secure, specially designed section of the residence.
We are passionately committed to providing care and services of the highest quality and value in a safe, supportive, residential environment, promoting the health, independence and social interaction of seniors.
As a dynamic, results-oriented company, it is our goal to continually exceed the expectations of our residents, families, employees and all those with whom we interact, by immediately addressing issues in a professional manner and by constantly striving to improve our service and performance day by day.
Care for persons with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory impairment requires specialized knowledge, dedication, patience and compassion. At Summerville we have designed SummerBrook®, a program of care that combines proven approaches with the sensitivity of a well-trained staff. Residents in SummerBrook® live in a separate, secure section of the community, specially designed to provide a familiar and engaging (yet non-threatening) environment. SummerBrook® communities feature activity areas where residents and staff can reminisce about nostalgic items such as antique rotary telephones and manual typewriters and the clothing styles of their past. Through discussion of activities and objects from an era familiar to residents, staff can provide thoughtful attention to their needs while helping them enjoy their days in surroundings that make sense to them. As therapeutic as this process is for the resident, family and friends often learn something new about their loved one’s past as well.
Search the Summerville Atlas to discover the SummerBrook® community nearest you.
Senior residential Living Communities
With more than 60 senior residential and assisted living communities operating across the country, Summerville has a community that’s right for you or your loved one.
Each beautifully decorated and landscaped Summerville community features private or shared suites complemented by gorgeous common areas where residents can make new friends or socialize with old ones. Among the services and amenities that may be available:
- Personalized service plans custom-fit to the level of need of each resident, including assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming and eating.
- Medication management provided in accordance with state regulations.
- Frequent wellness reviews with a licensed nurse.
- Three gourmet meals served restaurant style daily in an elegant dining room, with snacks and beverages available around the clock.
- Private dining rooms allowing residents to entertain visiting family and friends.
- A wide variety of unique activities and events each day designed to nurture body, mind and spirit.
- Scheduled transportation to events, shopping, doctor appointments, religious services, etc.
- Housekeeping and personal laundry services to help minimize daily chores.
Senior Living: Conclusion
So, what do you think from what this company has provided you? Is this a place that will allow for an independent yet care given style of living? Are the locations right for your situation? For more information I urge you to see all this and more at Summerville’s website.