There are many right and left wing activist cutting their noses off to spite their faces by invoking no smoking laws all over the country and the world. Their thought provoking laws leaves a person to wonder what will happen once the world becomes a non smoking world.
While they say the non smoking laws are being placed into effect for health and health cost issues, there are far more factors than those that are being over looked and at what price. The factors that haven’t been considered closely enough are part of the American and other countries economies.
Factors Not Considered
• Loss of sales taxes that effect the local communities that use said sales taxes for improvements for the town such as road improvements.
• Loss of taxes outside the local communities that are used for various other projects.
• Loss of revenue for businesses that make sales through cigarettes and cigars.
• The downfall of tobacco producing areas that employee hundreds of people to harvest the tobacco.
• The downfall of cigarette companies the employee thousands of employees increasing the unemployment rates.
• The importing and exporting of tobacco to and from other companies. Which in turn is a loss of revenue for brokers and other transportation employees.
The above mentioned factors are not limited to those, but are things that are not being considered by those who say second hand smoke causes other health issues. While this may be true, but second hand smoke is not the only contributing factor amongst illnesses.
Tossing those who smoke out of establishments because of their habit is also not logical to business and treating customers with respect. People who smoke pay the same amount of money and sales taxes as everyone else who dine at eating establishments, bars, and other places that now have smoking bans on such establishments. Not all people who smoke are evil doers wishing harm on anyone.
The habit of smoking is no worse than those who drink alcoholic beverages. The tolerance for those who chose to drink alcohol while eating, attending social events, and other engagements are not being targeted in the same manner as those who smoke.
Sure there are fines and penalties for those who drink under age, for those who supply alcohol to minors, for those who drink and drive, and for those who commit vehicular manslaughter upon having an accident while driving under the influence. But, do you see any no drinking alcohol signs posted in the windows and doors of all dining establishments? No you don’t. Why? This is due to the hypocrisy of those who say it is fine to do one thing and not the other.
State and City Smoking Ban Laws
The following laws are a few that was given to me by those who believe that the target on smokers is unfair and that the laws that have been invoked are wreaking more havoc than good due to their own personal opinions.
• No smoking in a public place in Madison Wisconsin. Which also includes smoking in a semi due to being considered a work place.
• In Louiseville Kentucky, you are unable to smoke in your car or anywhere in the city limits.
• No smoking in the state of Ohio. Many people travel to the State of Michigan to go to bars where they can legally smoke.
• No smoking in the City of Wichita, Kansas, with a child in your car. If you are caught smoking with a child in your car you will be fined $2.