It’s coming, the post holiday diet plans. Before you try anything extreme, let me give you ten reasons why I think Weight Watchers is worth considering if you want to loose weight.
1.You can eat normal food – The Weight Watchers plan is set up to help you to loose weight eating normal food. You’re going to your sister-in-laws for dinner? No problem, just call ahead to her house to find out what’s on the menu and plan for it in your daily amount of food. It’s your birthday and you want cake? When you follow the Weight Watchers plan, you can have cake if you plan for it and stick to a proper serving size..
2. You don’t have to give up fats – With the Weight Watchers plan, you can have foods with fat in them as long as you account for them in your daily food allowance. Weight Watchers is not a zero fat plan because they want to encourage the consumption of healthy fats.
3. You don’t have to give up carbohydrates – You love bread and pasta. Does going without potatoes fill you with dread? Do you feel deprived without dessert? With Weight Watchers, you can have any of these things as long as you stick to planing for it and accounting for it in your daily food allowance. Weight Watchers is not a low carbohydrate diet. You learn that you can have most of what you want in moderation..
4. You won’t be hungry all the time – The amount of food allowed at Weight Watchers is based in a point system. If you’re weigh more, or nursing a baby Weight Watchers allows more food. The amount of points per day allowed with Weight Watchers is realistic but still low enough for you to loose 1-2 lbs. per week.
5. It’s nutritionally sound – The points system at Weight Watchers is a way to account for the fat, fiber and calories in your diet. If you stay within your points, you’ll lose weight. Weight Watchers also requires you to eat a certain amount of fruits and vegetables as well as a calcium requirement every day. If you are nursing or a teenager, you’ll have a higher calcium requirement. Weight Watchers has set it up so that, if you follow the plan you will meet all or most of your nutritional needs.
6. There is no food that is off limits – Weight Watchers is about balance and moderation. It’s not really a diet so much as a lifestyle change. Through the Weight Watchers plan, you become more aware of the amount food you’re eating everyday and you become more accountable for the food you choose to put in your body.
7. If you exercise you get more points – Weight Watchers starts with asking you to just do some sort of movement or exercise for twenty minutes per day. Non-traditional exercise is ok too. You hate aerobics but love to work in your garden? That’s ok, as long as you are making an effort to be more active. After a few weeks of being on Weight Watchers they’ll give you materials to keep track of you activities. You’ll find out that your exercise can be rewarded with more points for more food if you want to use them. This is extremely helpful if you are facing a special occasion meal where you might want to enjoy yourself.
8. You get support in the meetings – Your Weight Watchers leader will help you meet your weight loss goals by helping you find creative ways to deal with difficult situations where there’s food around. Also there will be other people in the same boat as you in the Weight Watchers meetings. In some cities they even have special meeting just for nursing mothers or men who before felt like they where in the minority in Weight Watchers meetings. It’s good to know that everyone supports one another. You may even find a friend at a weight Watchers meeting.
9. Compared to other weight loss plans, the price reasonable. The price of the weekly Weight Watchers meetings differs from one area to another but compared to a lot of weight loss plans it’s less expensive. Plus if you join right after the holidays, they sometimes have special deals. In addition, sometimes you can get a less expensive weekly meeting rate if you pay for several weeks of Weight Watcher meetings in advance.
10. When you reach a healthy weight they will put you on a plan to help you maintain your weight loss. Again Weight Watchers is not a diet so much as a way changing your life. It’s a way to learn to eat and enjoy your food in moderation. Bearing this in mind Weight Watchers has a maintenance plan ready for you when you reach a healthy weight so you won’t gain all those pounds you lost back.
There are other who have lost weight through other means or diet plans but whenever I need to loose weight, Weight Watchers is where I go because I know their plan is reasonable and I’m not feeling deprived of any one food.