Having children I am constantly cleaning my home, and the easier I can clean the better it is for all of us. I am always looking for new and easier ways to get my housework done. I received the 12-amp Hoover Wide-path Bagless vacuum for a gift. I have to use my Hoover wide path daily and it is nothing but a hassle. I thought, great no more looking for vacuum bags, this should be a breeze. Here are ten reason why you should not but the Hoover Wide-path bagless vacuum.
10. The vacuum was not very easy to put together. I am not saying everything should be ready to go out of the box, but you should not have to spend an hour or more trying to put tiny screws in tiny holes. You have to you brute force to drive those tiny screws into this Hoover Wide-path.
9. This vacuum is not capable of cleaning underneath anything. This Hoover Wide-path has a big framed bottom and it will not fit underneath any couch, bed, or other furniture. My kids are always getting crumbs all over the place so I end up having to move the furniture instead of just vacuuming under it. Who wants to move their furniture everyday just to clean the floor?
8. Dust, dust, and more dust! Yes, I thought bagless would be so much better than the vacuum bags. I have to clean up after my vacuum. It gets so dirty with all the dust that gathers in the chamber. In order to keep the Hoover Wide-path clean you need to remove the filter and rinse it out after every use. When you dump the chamber, dust goes everywhere.
7. The filters clog too easily. I have three rooms in my home that have carpet. I usually have to shake out the filter in the vacuum before I can finish all the rooms. I am a clean freak, so there is not that much dirt in my carpet, at least not enough that should be clogging up the filter that quickly.
6. The dust chamber falls out of place for no reason. There is nothing like having a nice clean floor and while you are unplugging the Hoover Wide-path, the dust collection chamber just falls to the ground and spills dirt all over the floor. So here you go after a few choice words, plugging it back in a vacuuming the area again. It has a lock that is suppose to keep it in place that does not work. This happens on a regular basis so I have to make sure to keep it empty.
5. The so-called filters are impossible to find. I thought it was annoying shopping for vacuum bags. Try staring at a wall of vacuum filters and never finding one that will fit this Hoover Wide-path vacuum cleaner. I gave up and just bought one for another vacuum and cut them to fit. I have yet to find the filter that goes into the dust collection chamber. I just keep cleaning it out, so I can still use my vacuum.
4. The attachments break too easily. The attachments have a very short life. I have had this vacuum for a year now, and all but one of the attachments broke after about 3 months. The holder you have to screw on to this Hoover wide path also broke off. So now, the one attachment I have just hangs there. I am not rough on this vacuum, as some
may think, but you should be able to get a lot of use out of a fairly expensive vacuum (at the time).
3. The belts break too easily. I use my Hoover Wide-path Bagless daily. Of course, belts are going to wear out with that kind of use. I have had two belts break right after each other. My husband replaced one, I went to vacuum the floor got about half way done and the other belt broke apart. I do not believe this was an error from installation because he has replaced at least three belts and nothing has gone wrong. I do not know how many belts other vacuums usually go through, but this Hoover Wide-path seems like it has gone through to many. Who wants to be running to the store to buy belts that often, if you can find them?
2. This Hoover Wide-path has horrible suction. The suction issue could be due to the easily clogged filters. The first time I used this vacuum it did not impress me. I had to go over areas repeatedly. This makes vacuuming a very time consuming task for me. As I said, I want something to make cleaning easier for me.
1. The Hoover Wide-Path vacuum gets too hot. Now unfortunately, I found this out the hard way. Using the, now broken, attachments to clean my couch cushions, I looked down to see my carpet was burnt! This vacuum is not meant to sit in one spot very long. This makes it Okay for everyday quick cleaning. I had to buy new carpet because of four black burns in my floor. This seems a little dangerous to me.
Overall for minimal use the 12-amp Hoover Wide-path Vacuum cleaner will do. For serious cleaners I would not suggest getting this vacuum. I may have got myself a lemon, but this vacuum has turned me off of all bagless units. It is just too much trouble for me dealing with all the dust and filters and having to worry about the chamber falling out. If you have a child with allergies like i do,this vacuum is definitely out of the question. I should have replaced this vacuum long ago.