Fashion’s Newest and Hottest Designers
Many people love fashion because they love to go shopping, read about fashion, attend fashion shows, and, of course watch Project Runway. In the field of fashion there is many up and coming fashion designers that people need to know about Here is just a sampling of some emerging fashion labels:
1. Paula Thomas: Her fashion specialty is tough rocker pieces that range from skull-print caftans to skinny fit pants with rebellious undertones. This style works best for edgy and glamour girls. This British designer gets her inspiration from religious symbols, rugged desert landscapes, and Gothic symbols for her Death Valley collection.
2. Alice Ritter: Her fashion specialties include vintage feeling pieces such as the season’s basic which is an A-line dress that has refreshing monochromatic colors such as pink, yellow, and orange. Her fashions work for modern day romantics Ritter’s inspiration comes from working and living in New York.
3. Rag and Bone: Rag and Bone fashions are luxuriously tailored basics with a focus on a borrowed from the men and boys styles. These fashions work for the laid back classicist. The Rag and Bone aesthetic is understated yet sophisticated; effortless but still stylish. The designers of Rag and Bone fashions take their inspiration from Audrey Hepburn and Hubert de Givenchy. This line of clothing is designed and created for people who appreciate fine fabrics and flattening cuts.
4. Alexander Wang: Alexander Wang specializes in chic and sporty knits that focus on luxurious finishes, playful cuts, and plush cashmere. His line of clothes work for fashion heavyweights and actresses such as Rachel Billson. Alexander Wand is inspired by random people that he spots on the street especially the skateboarders because of the apparent ease of their lifestyle and their nonchalant attitude.
5. Adam and Eve: This fashion line incorporates versatile and feminine essentials that are created to round out resort wardrobes and everyday attire. These clothes work for jet-setters seeking easy pack clothing and fuss free clothing. Adam Lippes, the designer behind Adam and Eve gets his inspiration from living in Manhattan. His favorite piece in the line is the long striped dress because it can be worn at the fanciest event or on the beach with bare feet as a cover up.
6. Jeremy Laing: This fashion designer creates structured silhouettes created out of classic materials such as gingham. He likes to design A-line halters and silk dresses with origami like folds. His fashions are perfect for the art crowd. Jeremy Laing gets his inspiration from music. In fact, Wyrd Visions played at one of his recent runway shows. Laing enjoys Wyrd Visions because his music is perfect for Jeremy’s fashions which have a somber sensibility.
7. Jose Ramon Reyes: Reyes fashion specialty involves punk but pretty pieces. For his spring fashion line he tempered edgy 80’s separates such as oversized sweatshirts to bralettes and pencil skirt dresses with the warm color palette of gray, cream, and pink. This clothing line works for both uptown and downtown girls. Reyes’ inspiration comes from images of golf players.