Ladies, here are a few little secrets I have learned about keeping a man happy through my own experience and those of other women and men. They are secrets for things that many men prefer, in general. However, though all men are created equal, they are not all equal in every detail. So, watch your man closely and take a real interest in his likes and dislikes to discover the specific details of what will make and keep him happy. For our general Ultimate Guide to Keeping Your Man Happy let’s begin with:
Sex and Food – We all already know that these are two of the most obvious ways to a man’s heart, so I will not go into great detail. Yet, I do not want to slight them either because I cannot stress enough how important they truly are, so here are a few points to consider:
1. A man’s desire and hunger for these two things is natural and primal. Never make him feel guilty about wanting them.
2. Never leave him unsatisfied without a good reason that he can understand.
3. Satisfy your man’s cravings as much as possible in these two areas and you will be conquering a good portion of your challenge to keep your man happy.
4. If he is adventurous, suggest them together. A little whipped cream, syrup, or whatever he prefers can go a long way.
5. Do not be afraid to try new things. Spice it up! Serve dinner in different places by candlelight once in awhile or some other variation of the norm. Serve it in lingerie or whatever outfit provokes his passion.
6. Sex in the morning – do it! Sex in the morning is as natural to a man as the sunrise. Yet, many men have told me that the women they have known do not want any part of it. I still find this hard to believe but many women I have spoken with have confirmed it. They cite reasons such as, “I’m too tired. I haven’t had my coffee yet. I’m just not interested. He has bad breath. It’s not romantic. It’s too ‘gritty’.” Ladies, if you are not fortunate enough to enjoy sex in the morning naturally, then find a way to deal with it. Otherwise, you are sending your man out in the morning to a bakery full of delicious, willing cream puffs, hungry.
The Male Ego – If you care for your man at all, Ladies, remember this:
No matter how strong, confident, macho, quiet, withdrawn, silent, distant, or whatever your man may appear to be to you at any given time, he has a fragile, sensitive ego.
Make no mistake about this, Ladies, for if you do it will be one of the biggest mistakes you could ever make in your quest to keep your man happy. His ego can be a blessing rather than a hindrance or drawback to you. The choice is yours. Remember, he has no choice. His ego is as integral a part of him as his heart or life-sustaining breath. He cannot change it or undo it, so you must learn to deal with it. How?
1. Recognize it. Truly recognize and accept it so that you will remember that it is always there.
2. Respect it. How? Consider it in everything that you say and do. Most importantly, consider it when you are angry or upset. Do not say or do things that belittle or chip away at his ego or you will create one very unhappy man. Liken it to your man always making you feel fat and unattractive. Could you ever be happy like that?
3. Feed it. Nourish your man’s ego, encourage it, build it and it will flourish. This is one sure way to keep your man happy. However, you must do this with finesse and in moderation. Do not be insincere or it will defeat the purpose. Do not go overboard or he may become full of himself and obnoxious to deal with. Select opportune times to let him know that you respect, admire, or whatever it is you feel for him. Be sure to let him know why, so he will believe it and truly feel complimented and appreciated. The same goes for letting him know that you find him attractive, sexy, and hot. Though most men tend to hide their emotions and needs, they have them just as well as we do, Ladies, and they need to be fulfilled.
4. So, cater, that’s right, cater to your man’s underlying, sensitive ego just as you want him to cater to your insecurities when you ask, “Do I look fat in this outfit?”
Surprise – Surprise your man and I do not mean on his birthday. One of the best surprises you can give him is something he likes that he knows you cannot stand. If he loves sports and you hate it, take him to a game or at least watch one on television with him. If he likes porn and you abhor it, rent him the naughtiest movie you can find. Whatever he likes that you do not, whatever he wants that you do not, surprise him with it. Why? You will make it clear to him that what he wants matters to you and that he matters to you. It will dawn on him how much he must mean to you for you to make such a sacrifice and it will make him a happy man. If you want to keep him a happy man, keep surprising him in this way every once in awhile.
The Do Not List
1. DO NOT withhold sex as leverage, or the day may come when he does not want it, at least not with you.
2. DO NOT lay guilt trips on him or the day may come when he does not care about what you believe is right or wrong.
3. DO NOT play spite or get even games. You are partners, not rivals. Expect him to make mistakes for it is difficult for men to deal with women. When he does, talk to him about it, honestly and openly. If he continues to make such drastic mistakes over and over again that you feel the need to spite him – DON’T! Leave him first if you cannot live with him instead of staying together making each other miserable. It may be an old cliché but two wrongs really never do make a right.
4. DO NOT use jealousy to boost your own ego or get your own way. If he is extremely inattentive or eyeing another women you can make him a little jealous to remind him that he has something to lose. The key word is “little.” Do not drive him to drink.
5. DO NOT play head games. Your man is a real person with real feelings. He is not an object to wrap around your little finger or manipulate. He is not a toy and he is not meant to be a servant at your beck and call.
6. DO NOT use your man. If you are fortunate enough to have a man who is kind and generous, financially supports you or otherwise does nice things for you, do your part in return. Play fair!
7. DO NOT nag. When you have something to say; say it like a man. If he is unresponsive, find other ways to reach him besides saying the same thing over and over again (harping).
8. DO NOT do unto your man as you would not want him to do unto you. Give him the same respect you want to receive. Think about whether or not you will be hurting him before you act.
So, there you have it, Ladies, the Ultimate Guide to Keeping Your Man Happy falsely titled for it is not ultimate at all. Remember, these suggestions are in general for each and every man is an individual with individual preferences and needs. So, watch your man closely and quietly. Look with your heart, not with your eyes. Keep adding your discoveries to this basic guide until you truly have the Ultimate Guide to Keeping Your Man Happy. Then, spend as much time with him as you possibly can, while you can, and enjoy!