I love the show Lost. It is my favorite TV show of all-time. I have watched it faithfully from day one. I don’t just watch it; I get obsessed with analyzing it in a futile attempt to solve the ever-growing mysteries that the show presents to us each and every week.
With Season 3 still nearly two months away, and The Lost Experience (online treasure hunt) still going strong; I have decided to put together a quiz of essential Lost questions. In each question, I will give you the episode name (for reference), unless the episode’s name is part of the answer. Hopefully these will challenge you. Hopefully they will enlighten you. Give it your best shot. Try not to watch the episodes in order to answer. See how much you can remember. Namaste.
1) In the Pilot episode, what 4-letter word does Charlie write first on the tape on his fingers?
2) (Special) What is Michael’s last name?
3) (Tabula Rasa) Which of Ray’s arms is prosthetic?
4) (Abandoned) What are the Tailies doing the last time (as of now) that Cindy is seen?
a) Running from the “Whispers”
c) Distracted by Jin (as he tries to escape)
d) Carrying an injured Sawyer uphill
5) (Solitary) What is Danielle’s lover/husband’s name?
6) (Live Together, Die Alone) What did one snowman say to the other snowman?
a) The question is not answered on the show
b) “I’m cold”
c) “Do you smell carrots?”
d) Desmond whispers the answer to Locke but we cannot hear it
7) (Outlaws) Who does Sawyer kill in the flashback?
8) (Numbers) What (humorous line) does Hurley say to Sayid before diving out of the way of a deadly trap?
a) “I’m fast”
b) “I’m agile”
c) “I’m spry”
d) “I’m light-footed”
9) (Born To Run) Who burned down the first raft?
c) The Others (potentially trick answer)
d) Never find out
10) (Numerous episodes) What are the names of the (confirmed as of now, by the creators) siblings on the island?
a) Ethan + Nathan
b) Jack + Claire
c) Scott + Steve
d) Tom + Alvar
11) (Collision) What does Jack say that golf is?
12) (Solitary + other episodes) Who wasn’t on the ship that brought Danielle to the island?
13) (What Kate Did) In a Kate flashback, at her father’s office, who can briefly be seen on a TV in the background?
d) Christian (Jack’s dad)
14) (Orientation) The De Groots attended which University?
15) (S.O.S.) Where does Bernard propose to Rose?
a) Sydney, Australia
b) Australian Outback
c) Niagara Falls
16) (White Rabbit) What Zodiac sign is Kate?
17) (Numerous episodes) Which character is not a confirmed killer?
b) Ana Lucia
i) Noticing a trend here
18) (Lockdown) What is Locke doing (flashback scene) when he speaks with Nadia (Sayid’s former love)?
a) Selling her things at the department store
b) Inspecting her house
c) Talking to her on a phone sex line
d) Locke never speaks to Nadia, they just smile at each other
19) (Episode is part of answer) The sounds that accompany ‘The Monster’ (from Pilot Episode, first time it appears) can also be heard when in Season 2?
a) When the ‘Hurley Bird’ appears (Live Together, Die Alone)
b) When Desmond turns the key (Live Together, Die Alone)
c) When Locke is trapped under the blast door and Henry is stacking up weights to stop it (Lockdown)
20) Who do you think “HIM” (leader of The Others) is?
b) The real Sawyer
c) Anthony Cooper (Locke’s Dad)
d) Christian (Jack’s Dad)
e) Alvar Hanso
f) Mr. Paik (Sun’s Father)
g) I have no idea but we all will know early in Season 3
1- A (Fate – What are we being told by this?)
2- C (Dawson. Let’s play the feud.)
3- B (Right is fake, left is real. What about Dr. Candle? Locke?)
4- D (As Ana, Libby, and ‘others’ carry Sawyer up the hill.)
5- A (Robert. It doesn’t sound French, is she?)
6- C (“Do you smell carrots?” Somebody likes telling jokes on the island. Who?)
7- D (Duckett. The ‘other’ names are there, too. Why the boar?)
8- C (“I’m Spry.” Maybe the funniest line on TV since “Look boss, da plane, da plane”)
9- B (Walt. White Lion sang “Wait”, Blondie sang “The Tide is High”, Beasties sang “(It’s a) Sabatage”)
10- C (Scott and Steve, the Twins. From Minnesota? Henry was. About the rest???)
11- D (Accuracy. The others can be true as well.)
12- D (Phillippe. Never heard of Him.)
13- A (Sayid. When does Naveen’s big movie start filming?)
14- B (Michigan. The big house. Their stadium looks like it is built down into the ground.)
15- C (Niagara Falls. The water is so powerful, but to observe it from land, it is peaceful and spiritual.)
16- D (Gemini. Which = Twins, as in Minnesota? As in…?)
17- G+I (Jin hasn’t been confirmed…yet, neither has Jack, Locke, Sun, Walt, Locke, Locke, or Libby.)
18- B (Inspecting her house. As she was selling it. What kind of man has this many different jobs?)
19- C (Listen carefully and close your eyes, they will distract you. Your ears will show you the truth = Monster = Hatches locking down??? We never see a monster, we certainly hear one.)
20- ??? (If I were a betting man; 80% Cooper, 20% Paik (although Paik is tied to Hanso.) A- Right Hand Man, B- Red Herring, C- Mr. Gatherer of body parts. Mr. My ‘son’ saves my life, I’d like to return the favor, or Mr. Father of “Immaculately Conceived” son and H.I.M. can be His Infernal Majesty. D- Dead? In what world? E- Way too obvious unless Alvar is…? F- He is a ship builder for Hanso. Not sure if these loose ends can be tied together to form a singular rope. G- Hope is a strong, strong thing for those who are Lost.)