Unfortunately, it is true. Some people have reasons why they don’t watch 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray on the The FOOD Network. to witness Rachael Ray throw together healthy, nutritious meals in 30 minutes (or less!). Well, here’s how to overcome those reasons and have a great time for about 30 minutes and then go use what you learned to make your life easier, more healthy and a lot more fun!
1. You are tired and want to watch something to help you fall sleep. You might think that one woman in a kitchen with some ingredients lying around for about 18 minutes just screams “sleep time”! Well, better think again! The energy and exuberance that this one woman splashes onto that screen for 30 minutes is so huge and vibrant that if you want to get some sleep you’d better tune into some other show!
Rachael will perk you up, keep you rolling and give you a second breath of air that your bed will no longer be where you want to be! This woman has more energy than hounds on a fox chance! And she doesn’t keep it to herself. She throws it your way and you can get so involved in the show, you’ll be in the kitchen before you know it!
2. You enjoy spending LOTS of time in the kitchen preparing meals. If you watch 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray, she will have you in and out in about 30 minutes. Granted, these 30 minutes doesn’t include prep time or clean up time, but those are the easy parts! She has taken the hard part out, replaced it with some really quick and easy tasks and you’re done! How cool is that! She is definitely The Queen of Quick.
3. You like common, ordinary, everyday meals. You won’t find that on this show. The meals may be quick and they may include some ordinary ingredients, but in Rachael’s hands, the food turns into quite the extra-ordinary, most unique meals! What that woman does with veal or lamb or a fish is quite amazing! Makes you want to put those cuts of meat on your shopping list and cross off that bland, yucky, ordinary hamburger meat!
4. Nothing new to learn. You might not think so, but Rachael does offer a fun education! Do you know what GB or EVOO is? Well, EVOO has just been inducted into the American Dictionaries so if you don’t know what it means, you’ll learn something new and that it means “extra virgin olive oil”. And GB for “garbage bowl” should certainly be the next addition. And just so you will know other Rachael Ray-isms, stoup” is a cross between stew and soup and “sammies” are sandwiches and you’ll be saying “yumm-o” before you know it! Can you do the “Rachael Balance”? This is where she visits several food stations to collect a variety of ingredients and kitchen tools and does it all in one trip, balancing all the items in front of her in often, one arm! I chuckle while watching, but have noticed that every time I go to get ingredients, I will always take as much as I can and see if I can do the “Rachael Balance”. Fast, healthy, fun meals and an education – all in 30 minutes.
5. You can’t decide between fresh vs. canned. Rachael shows you that you don’t have to decide! She shows you how to use them both, together and in such healthy, nutritious ways, you won’t even know the difference! She uses fresh herbs and spices with canned pinto beans. She always uses fresh meats and canned soup stock. Just because it is in a package, doesn’t mean it is not healthy! No more decision! Just wonderful, flavorful meals!
6. You don’t have the specialty pots and pans “necessary” to create a wonderful meal. You don’t need them! While watching 30 Minute Meals, you will witness first hand, Rachael’s magical use of regular, normal, everyday, buy-at-the-local-discount-store pots, pans and utensils. I watch the show all the time and the only “specialty” thing I have ever seen her use was a small food processor for quick chopping and mixing. If you don’t need it, why waste your money on it! Make a quick meal and then go shopping for something fun!
7. Cooking is done in a quiet and solitude environment. You’re missing the fun! Spend 30 minutes in Rachael’s kitchen and you are part of the family! She tells you exactly what she is doing and why she is doing it. She gives great cooking tips and advice. She tells you history about the ingredients, and even throws in some fun, inspirational or personal stories and jokes about the food or meal she is preparing! How fun is that! She has turned a chore into a fun and rewarding accomplishment and all she did was chat with you!
8. Cooking is calming, and should only be watched on a kick-back, relaxed, lazy afternoon. This show is far from relaxing and lazy! Rachael Ray, The Queen of Quick. will have you sitting on the edge of your chair and writing down recipes or entrees to try and new ways to prepare something. She will have you creating your shopping list and making notes of meals and menus you want to try. She’ll have you learning and you won’t even know it! And when that episode is over, you’ll be flipping through the channel guide to find out when it’s on next so you can make sure you tune in. Relaxing? Not in this lifetime! Fun, enjoyable and inspiring? You betcha!
I have given you 8 fantastic reasons why you should watch 30 Minutes Meals with Rachael Ray. Do you really want to keep your 8? Why not try these new reasons and have some fun!