In The Article “Ridiculous Diet Gadgets and Weight Loss Scams” by Jessie, she has picked out some of the most heinous diet scams and gadgets produced on the market. What she says is very true; we as the public are suckers for infomercials. I want to add my top five choices to her list of “Ridiculous Diet Gadgets and Weight-Loss Scams.”
1. The Thigh-master. Who could forget this great invention of the past? Well I guess having Suzanne Somers doing the commercials does not hurt either. This gadget claims to be able to firm and tone chest muscles, tone stomach and abdominal muscles, tightens underarms (floppy arm syndrome), and was said to perfect for getting thighs like Suzanne. Seriously, who would not want her thighs? This thing still sales for the infamous price of $19.95. I guess the main attraction with this gadget is the fact that you could do this exercise just about anywhere. We are always looking for an easier way to fit in and do exercising. I do not know how this thing has survived for so long. I guess someone is buying.
2. Cellulift by IGIA. The name says it all. Let me start by saying most if not all, of the products made by IGIA seem to be junk. All the products are very cheaply made. This product was for massaging away the appearance of cellulite temporarily by use of heat and suction. Not to be confused with getting rid of cellulite, would not want to mislead you. This product sold for $50.00. A better idea would have been to save your money and buy a good bottle of lotion.
3. The StepSter. I have only seen this product on one page but it caught my eye as being the most ridiculous contraption I have seen in a long time. This invention is a cross between a scooter and a Stairmaster. You can imagine how funny it looks. Any time people try to new and improve something it turns out bad. There was not much information about this product but I believe the picture tells all you will need to know.
4. Diet Drinking Water. Although the idea of drinking water to help you lose weight is not new, we all know its better to keep yourself hydrated. Nicknamed “Skinny Water,” this product is supposed to be taken in 30-60 minutes before your meals to help you eat less. Imagine that, drink a bottle of water before a meal and you will eat less, maybe because the water itself will do that. This water claims to suppress appetite, increase metabolism, and block carbohydrates. Now hears the scary part, it is being sold at 7-Eleven stores. That is what I want to do go to the local gas station for my diet water. This water is expensive and has been said to taste very badly. Save your money and drink Dasani.
5. The Electric Ab Exerciser. Does that name not just sound dangerous to you? Anything with the word electric in the title, that I might be attaching to my body scares me just a little. This machine sends electric current to your abdominal muscles, causing them to contract and release. This supposedly leads to burning body fat. Think about this, any kids of gadget that takes little or no effort to get rid of body fat, is a scam. You have to work it off. No amount of electric current is going to do it. It did not take people too long to realize this was a definite scam.
Everyday we are flooded with Radio ads, Television commercials, and Billboards, with quick and easy ways to lose weight. There is no quick way to lose weight. If the words”Quick and Easy,” appear anywhere near the product, keep yourself and your wallet away. One of the “Ten Commandments of Protecting Yourself from Infomercial Fraud,” said it best with “Hide your credit cards between the hours of 12 AM and 4 AM.” So many people fall prey to these ridiculous gadgets hoping for miracle in a box. The only real way to lose weight takes discipline and a good workout and diet program. I hope that with more and more people coming forward and complaining, it can stop some other people from wasting their time and money. If your every unsure about a product do the research. Its easy just take whatever it is that you are thinking about purchasing and put complaints after the name and hit search. It will amaze you to how much you can find out.