As the shopping craze beings to settle down for me and my family, I am quite pleased to sit back and watch my MyPoints add up from the shopping I’ve done online. I love getting freebies and MyPoints.com gives you points for every dollar you spend when shopping with their affiliated stores. You can then take these points and redeem them for gift cards for stores like Wal-Mart, JC Penneys, Shell Gas Stations and Bath & Body Works. You can also donate your points to the American Red Cross, if you would rather donate to a charity. Without further ado, here are my top ten reasons to shop online through MyPoints.com.
1. Gift Guides: MyPoints.com has excellent gift guides to help you find gifts for the people on your shopping lists. Instead of spending hours in a department store wandering from area to area, you can check out suggestions and compare products with just a few clicks of your mouse.
2. Quality Affiliated Stores: I find I can do most of my online shopping through the many stores that MyPoints is affiliated with. You can shop at: 123inkjets, 1800Contacts, 1-800-Flowers.com, 1-800-PetMeds, Ace Hardware, Adidas, American Eagle Outfitters, Ann Taylor, Apple iTunes, Apple Store, AutoVantage, Avenue.com, Avon, Babies R Us, Banana Republic, Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Bass Pro Shops, Bath & Body Works, Blockbuster, Bloomingdales, Bon-Ton, Brinker, Circuit City, Columbia House, CompUSA, Cooking.com, Dell Computers, DirectTV, Disney Store, drugstore.com, eBay, Eddie Bauer, Epson, FAO Schwarz, Fingerhut, Frederick’s of Hollywood, FTD, Gamestop, Gap, Gateway, Hammacher Schlemmer, Hickory Farms, Home Depot, JC Penny, Jo-Ann, Jos. A. Bank, NewEgg and the list goes on and on!
3. Quality Services: You can also earn points by utilizing many of the quality services affiliated with MyPoints.com such as SnapFish, ProFlowers, PeoplePC, Insurance Center, TiVo, Register.com (domain name registration), Stamps and the MyPoints Travel Center. You can buy and setup cell phones and service with just a few clicks. You can order flowers, fruit and food baskets and be confident that your gifts will arrive on time and in perfect condition.
4. Online Games: If you like to play online games occasionally, you can set up an account to play online games through the MyPoints Games Center. They even give you some free money to get you started. If you like it, you can add your own money to your game bank and play games like Bejeweled, Jewel Quest and Zuma against other people for money! You also earn 5 points for every dollar you spend there! It’s almost like getting paid to play!
5. Earn Points For Reading MyPoints Emails: You can earn 5 points by reading just about every email MyPoints sends to you. These emails showcase affiliated partners as well as new services, surveys and contests. I can click through 20 of these emails in less than five minutes and that would earn me 100 points! No, you don’t get 20 emails a day, but I think you can get about 20 a week or more and that 5 points for each one adds up more quickly than you might think. You’ll have 500 to 1500 before you know it!
6. Special Member Offers: Many times, MyPoints will offer special deals to their members if they shop at their affiliates. You can get free shopping, a percentage off or double points on every dollar you spend. These are offers and deals you wouldn’t get from the brick-and-mortar store or even just by going to their website without, first, being registered at MyPoints. I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for a deal and this is one way to get one!
7. Earn Double Points: If you shop with a major credit card that has a points program, you earn those points as well as MyPoints! I love double points! Think of it, you can be earning airline miles while also earning MyPoints points all by shopping for gifts and products you have already planned on purchasing.
8. Redeem Points: After accumulating about between 500 and 1,500 points, you can donate points to the American Red Cross, redeem them for gift cards to over 70 top department stores, restaurant gift cards or discounted restaurant coupons. The gift cards are mailed to you within 2 – 6 weeks after you redeem your points. Then you can treat yourself and your family or gift the cards to a friend! You can even use the gift card to shop through MyPoints at an affiliated store and earn points on what you spend there! Earning more points by spending redeemed points is pure genius!
9. You Are Going To Shop At These Stores Anyway: Most of us will shop at MyPoints affiliated stores anyway, so why not do it through MyPoints where you earn money back for your shopping? They are affiliated with all the big department stores as well as many specialty shops and services. All you have to do is register at MyPoints and then start shopping. It’s easy to get started and easy to redeem your points.
10. Less Stress: Shopping online is simply less stressful than shopping at the mall or corner strip mall. MyPoints lets you shop from the comfort of your own home, have everything delivered to your home while also letting you earn points that can be redeemed for free stuff. Imagine how much stress that would reduce for you when doing Christmas shopping, Birthday shopping, etc. I know many couples that argue over money; shopping through MyPoints.com can stop most all of that! Your spouse will appreciate the fact that you are shopping so smartly and earning free cash.
So, there you have it. These are my top ten reasons for shopping online through MyPoints.com. I hope you’ll head on over to their website and sign up so you can start earning points right now. I do not gain anything by promoting MyPoints.com unless I invite my friends through the website ( I guess that would be another reason for using MyPoints!). I say this so you’ll know that I truly use this service and truly love this service. I highly recommend MyPoints.com for all your online shopping needs!