I’ve come from both a commercial software and application integration background. With a strong focus on finances, my companies used WEBEX to save customers money and minimize down time. In the past I’ve worked with seamlessly with customers via webex and struggled. Customers not utilizing webex struggled to meet their corporate objectives with the core products my prior companies offered.
From my experiences, WEBEX has some keen features that make it a vital resource in the corporate communication workforce. Here are 5 key reasons webex is a system I think companies can and should use webex:
1) WEBEX saves training travel cost: Gone are the dotcom days where it is acceptable to spend $10,000 on a flat screen monitor in your lobby just to say “Hello” to the public or show cable for employees to watch. It is also not needed to have projectors that run in the thousands in corporate training initiatives. Users are no longer even required to travel to attend training to train others. Anyone that can get internet access can get access to a webex presentation or training. In fact trainers or presenters via webex do not even have to leave their house to give presentation. With WEBEX , employees can connect wirelessly to a network or through a hardwired machine with internet access. The presenter is able to share their desktops and present on the each machine exactly what is show on his own system. The cost savings in this case is clear in the travel expense not incurred
2) WEBEX Presentations can be recorded: Webex allows for the presentation online to be recorded. Many times, I’ve given webex trainings to several staff members at the same time (20 or more at once). In some cases, staff members have missed the presentation. Instead of rehashing the same information to a second set or individual user, WEBEX allows you to have the recorded WEBEX session available to for review at future dates. WEBEX in this effort changes, allows you to simply answer the questions not covered in the webex session. In addition, the users are able to replay segments of the presentation they might have missed the first time to get a better handle on the subject mater. The cost savings here is clear in duplicate presentation man hours normally wasted that webex allows you to eliminate.
3) Multiple WEBEX presenters allowed: Webex allows you to transfer the control of the webex session over to a participant. You can allow them to have control of the presentation and take back control when needed. When you (the presenter) transfer control of the session via webex to a user, you literally can exit the webex session and let the users continue the presentation without you. If you stay in the WEBEX session, you can take back controls of the WEBEX session whenever you so choose also. This item is more opportunity than cost savings. In this case presenters do not have to be in the webex session at the same time nor must one presenter remain in the session the entire time. To a degree you do have cost savings in the man hours normally wasted with multiple employees presenting on a project one person at a time each waiting to present their part. With webex, each employee can go about there normal duties and come into the presentation when needed and prompted.
4) Schedule future WEBEX session: You can send out an email to users with any attachments and agendas. This email can be scheduled in most users’ outlook platforms automatically. In addition, you will give and update notification changes if the meeting organizer makes changes. When the meeting time approaches, WEBEX will prompt you with a reminder notification of when this scheduled meeting will happen. This will save you the time of having to track down users or attendees for the presentation. This cost savings directly correlates to man hours of your clients and your own company employees.
5) WEBEX into servers or systems to administer networks: Most company IT staff have issues with outsiders gaining access to theirs network. Webex allows for a secure online connection that the IT administrators or both comfortable and familiar with. As a whole WEBEX , works seamlessly with most severs. It allows you to operate similar to PCAnywhere on a servers or PC. You can perform all standers functions alone with remote desktop file transfer. It is an opportunity for the IT staff to have cost staving in that they no longer have to have staff wait around to reestablish or monitor secure connection on servers when a secure webex connection has been established.
As whole webex has shown to me why it is both worth having and will save money in the long run.