Dating is one of the largest social events in the world whether it be through online or offline agencies. There’s so many people and wonderful possibilities out there in terms of finding “the one”. Nowadays, it seems like you have to get out there and make yourself available in order to find such a person under the great blue sky who would make your life more interesting. In our need to be social is just a natural way of life that sometimes can lead us to many different directions. Meaning, we don’t always know what we want to find until we do a little shopping around getting to know people. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always work out as planned. Moreover, if you are not careful you could end up with a real nut case on your hands who won’t go away. So, while you are seeing a person, here are some things to keep in mind to help your search be more successful the next time around.
1. The Wondering Eyed Player- First of all this breed of person is only interested in ‘meeting up’ with you as another score in the great black book. This person is not interested in you as a person, but what you look like underneath. This polygamous person most likely has more lovers while seeing you, and wouldn’t be hurt if you leave. Sooner or later this person will dump you. So, if you want to be more than a score observe before committing to a person like this.
2. The Desperate One- People like this always tend to be in a rush for things, such as “marriage”or a relationship before you get to know each other. When you meet people like this beware, because you don’t know what their intentions are. Some may want your money and your assets, or they could be just insane. Be careful when one comes along like this. Keep your eyes and ears open to anything strange, and get rid of the person as fast as you can. Unless, you feel comfortable with the conversation don’t let the relationship go any further.
3. Commitment Troubles-Remember that you are special and no one has a right to your being for free. Those people may have a million reasons why they want to use you, but not commit to you. It doesn’t ever solve their problems with relationships right? Besides, monogamous relationships is a sign that two people want to commit to each other without looking elsewhere. When you should be enough for the person there is no need to look elsewhere. Divorce of parents or failed relationships will cause a person to be scared, but we should learn from those experiences in order to do better not to give up. If a person is unsure about you, you should be just as unsure about the person and move on. There are more fish in the sea.
4. The Liar-It is obvious that a person like this cannot be trusted. When you can’t trust a person to meet you for a date, call you back, or tell you the straight truth why they are late it should be over. This person is dangerous, because the person could lie about involvement with the mob, having an affair, stealing something, e.t.c. This person could cause you to get into legal trouble, or get a terrible venereal disease. It is better to be safe than sorry, so let the person go.
Even if the person’s lies did not personally affect you in one way, it could if the person ended up dead because of it. Honest people are the best people who trust you enough to tell you. Perhaps, the person could have heard about you from someone else and knows exactly what to talk about. Dump That One!
5. No Turn On,Just A Turn Off-Why would you agree to see a person you are not interested in the first place? The whole point in dating is to find a person you like who likes you back. If someone’s voice turns irritates you, and the looks are far below expectations how can you stand the person? Could wealth and prestige cause you to be disgusted for many years? That would be sad unless you really don’t care and desperately need someone bad. There should be a strong chemistry between you both of mutual physical attraction, interest on a friendship basis, and an ease when in discussions about similar intellectual topics of interests. I heard it said before that when there is real love…there is mutual admiration and respect. When you know who you are, you will know who to choose as a mate. You should have similar views on politics, religious beliefs, hobbies, and goals. As far as similar socio economic backgrounds and culture, this is just the common practice that isn’t necessary for everyone. For example, a third world prince married a journalist , and some rich people could marry a person from a working class background. Think of Cinderella, Bride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Maid in Manhattan, The Wedding, Guess Who?, Love Field, Pocahontas, Joy Luck Club , and many other movies. Find the one who is meant for you, and don’t let the person go.
6.The Domineering Monster-This person has a problem that you shouldn’t have to deal with. You are an adult and you shouldn’t have to deal with a bossy person telling you outright what to do, who not to talk to, to stay in the house, or what to eat. This psychopathic person wants to control you and rule over you. Your own happiness doesn’t matter to this person who feels high by putting people low. This person is damaging to your self esteem, your emotional well being, and your physical well-being. In addition, this person can physically harm you if you decide to one day take up for your self. Pushy people is another sign of dominance that you should be aware of. Avoid these people, and be cautious for it can mean your life. Observe everything the person says and does.
The moral of this is to know thyself and to thyself be true in everything you do from your educational goals, career, lifestyle, friendship, and relationships. You should have your act together before dating, and the other person should also. Then, a healthy mature relationship can take place and be very successful.