Out of all the several Christmas parties your going to attend this year I’m sure one of them will have a “White Elephant” exchange. For those of you new to the white elephant exchange, it typically goes as follows:
• First, your mission is to buy a white elephant gift that can be both used for a man or a woman.
• Then, you wrap it. This could be the fun part it can be as easy or misleading as you wish it to be. I have some seen some pretty funny stuff at parties like this; I have even seen the box inside of the box inside of the box only to have a gift card in the very last box.
• Next, you must keep this a secret!
• When you get to the party everyone will usually draw a number and in the correct order of the number drawn will come to the table and pick a white elephant gift in front of all those attending. The rules may sometimes change depending on the function but usually this is how the game is played out. IF another person who has not yet gotten their white elephant gift from the table likes your gift better they make take it form you. You then must approach the table again and unwrap another. This is quite fun and people usually have a great time.
So, what to get? There are a million great ideas out there but I will take the time to list several possibilities for you. Remember, your goal is to be unique and make the white elephant gift you buy the one everybody fights over (trust me it makes it much more interesting).
The usual White Elephant Gift Ideas: (these are not bad ideas)
• Picture frames
• Gift cards
• Gift certificates
• Stationary set
• Photo albums
• Autographed books
• Candy Jars, tins etc
The better gifts White Elephant Gift Ideas:
• A nice painting
• A unique sculpture from a well known artist
• Appliances ( Blender, food processor etc)
• Car accessories
• Music CD’s
The Best gifts White Elephant Gift Ideas: (that everybody fights for)
• Digital camera
• Video camera
• One year membership to a local country club
• Alcohol sets ( Don Perignon, and crystal champagne flutes-this can work with any bottle of alcohol and really nice glasses and cork and screw set)
• Concert tickets
• Season passes to sporting events
• Computer accessories
• Cell phones
White Elephant Gift Ideas: Closing
Always remember the point of this particular game is to have fun. These gifts are just some of the great white elephant gift ideas out there. So get out there and have a wonderful time!