Are you worried about fine lines? Is your skin dry and patchy? Do you see little discolored spots appearing in places that used to be smooth and even? If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you need to read the following.
Most skin problems originate due to dehydration and age. Of course, no one can avoid getting older, but a person can do it with grace. By drinking at least eight glasses of water a day, you can add vitality to your skin. However, just as important, by adding moisture to your skin, daily, you can address wrinkles, dry patches and discoloration. The good news is that you don’t have to do it with pricy, designer products. You can create beautiful skin by using common household products.
Below are products most Americans buy that do double duty as moisturizers. Some of them even have healing properties. These products are not only inexpensive, but most importantly, effective!
1) Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing and Castor Oil. By rubbing Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing or Castor Oil around your eyes just before bed time, you will reduce fine lines.
2) Coppertone. Overexposure to the sun can ruin your skin. It can cause wrinkles, discoloration, pronounced blood vessesl and cancerous lesions. For this reason, using Coppertone or any sunscreen with a sun protection factor (spf) of at least 15, will save your skin. Be sure to apply Coppertone at least 30 minutes prior to going outside.
3) Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening. Many plastic surgeons recommend Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening as a salve to prevent scarring and prevent healing to patients recovering from a face-lift. Crisco not only acts as an excellent skin moisturizer, it also keeps the skin healthy. So, apply a little Criso to your face before going to sleep at night.
4) Preparation H. Preparation H can shrink hemorrhoids, but also shrinks puffiness around the eyes, moisturizes skin and reduces fine wrinkles. It’s a popular product used by celebrities like Tyra Banks.
5) Star Olive Oil and Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar. To prevent wrinkles, rub a solution of Star Olive Oil (one tablespoon) and Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar (one-half tablespoon) onto your skin.
Creating beautiful skin can be easier than you think. Just remember, drink water and moisturize. If you make this a part of your daily routine, you’ll see wonderful improvements to your skin as quick as a snap of your fingers.
* One brow wrinkle is the result of 200,000 frowns.
* Preparation H is one of the five most stolen items in a drugstore. Part of this is blamed on the fact that it is embarrassing to buy.
* In the eight century, Chinese herbal practitioner Liu Pi concocted an anti-aging medicine and presented it to Tang emperor Hsien Tsung. The emperor died right after he drank it.
*Groucho Marx said, “A man is only as old as the woman he feels.”
* “When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look,” wrote Mark Twain, “it’s a sure sign you’re getting older.”
* The Fountain of Youth can be found at 155 Magnolia Street. Explorer, Ponce De Leon, thought it was the mythical fountain of youth that could keep a person young forever.